Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-news/)
-   -   Schwarzenegger Signs SB435 (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-news/16575-schwarzenegger-signs-sb435.html)

Kenneth_Moore 09-30-2010 09:59 AM

I'll surrender my M-5s when they unwrap my cold, dead fingers from the throttle.

What's wrong with you people anyway? You don't let your right foot do the talking. There ain't no Hemi under your hood.

If it's too loud, you're too old.

The_AirHawk 09-30-2010 10:01 AM

Heagh Me Naoew Und Lissun tu Me Laedda' - for vat I must zay applies tu Yesdadey - boot naot undtil Tumaorrow......

MTRHEAD75 09-30-2010 02:14 PM

Now if we can do that in Michigan....Seems to me the only people that like the loud pipes are the ones that want to get rid of helmet laws...

seruzawa 09-30-2010 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTRHEAD75 (Post 250065)
Now if we can do that in Michigan....Seems to me the only people that like the loud pipes are the ones that want to get rid of helmet laws...

Well, I don't like loud pipes and I'd just as soon get rid of helmet laws and other examples of fascism.

The_AirHawk 09-30-2010 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 250069)
Well, I don't like loud pipes and I'd just as soon get rid of helmet laws and other examples of fascism.

I DO like loud pipes - to a point - but I'm enough of a Man to realize that not all people do so, and that my own right to swing my fist ends at my neighbors face (unless that SOB really needs a punch in the neck....).

It's bullshirt like 10,000 ear-shattering open-piped Harley-FAGs rackin'-off their throttles at Daytona (or BBB in Fayetteville, this weekend), or a dozen Gixxer-squids filtering in-and-out of traffic with Race-can Akro Megaphones at 100mph in 3rd-gear; and 120+mph, 3-mile-long wheelies by Mr. 17-and-a-backwards-hat-with-an-Arai-bungeed-to-the-pillion down the Interstate in Rush-hour traffic that causes Roger and Nancy Everyschmuck to demand their Congressman F-bomb'n DO SOMETHING.

I've Witnessed every one of these things, personally........

.....and I live in F-bomb'n Southwest-F-Bomb'n-Missouri - how bad is it where there's a "Bike Problem"?

Kenneth_Moore 10-01-2010 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_AirHawk (Post 250070)
10,000 ear-shattering open-piped Harley-FAGs rackin'-off their throttles at Daytona (or BBB in Fayetteville, this weekend), or a dozen Gixxer-squids filtering in-and-out of traffic with Race-can Akro Megaphones

That's the sound of FREEDOM, son. When the Founding Fathers created this great nation, they knew that someday, oppressive, narrow-minded busybodies would try to clamp down on the rugged invidiualist American motorcyclist. He's the same man who whipped 100 braying mule trains across Death Valley. The same man who rode farting stallions into the bar for a whiskey. The same man who buzzed the Naxi ball-bearing factories in his P-51 Mustang at 150'.

Let's stand up to these do-gooders and tell them: "I'm loud as Hell and you're going to have to take it some more!!"

Once they take our Freedom Pipes, what's next? Our guns and ammo? Think about it.

seruzawa 10-01-2010 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 250079)
That's the sound of FREEDOM, son. When the Founding Fathers created this great nation, they knew that someday, oppressive, narrow-minded busybodies would try to clamp down on the rugged invidiualist American motorcyclist. He's the same man who whipped 100 braying mule trains across Death Valley. The same man who rode farting stallions into the bar for a whiskey. The same man who buzzed the Naxi ball-bearing factories in his P-51 Mustang at 150'.

Let's stand up to these do-gooders and tell them: "I'm loud as Hell and you're going to have to take it some more!!"

Once they take our Freedom Pipes, what's next? Our guns and ammo? Think about it.

This was embodied in the 11th Amendment to the US Constitution:

"Congress shall make no law abridging, removing or otherwise f***ing with the individual's Right to run really loud drag pipes and wear leather clothes and fake tats and ride around like a complete fool."

This Amendment was ratified with the original Bill of Rights but was accidentally burned to ashes when a file clerk at the capitol dropped a really big doobie on it. *sigh* Just think how different life would be today had this vital right been enshrined.

MOKE1K 10-01-2010 11:36 AM

No similar laws in Florida yet, least ones that are currently being inforced anyway. Looks like its time to party like its 2013. Guess they have nothing better to do.

MTRHEAD75 10-01-2010 12:27 PM

the funny thing about the ones that dont want helmet laws are usually the ones clad in leather...they rather protect there legs with chaps then protect their head with a helmet and if you dont think a helmet works walk through the woods with your eyes closed.And if you think it's fascism to be required to wear helmet.Make sure you have the money to cover your medical bills.And not the soicalist health bill.If your concerend with freedom...

ranchwrench 10-02-2010 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by administrator (Post 250008)
Original Article:
<a href="http://www.motorcycle.com//news/schwarzenegger-signs-sb435-89989.html">Schwarzenegger Signs SB435</a>

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article Schwarzenegger Signs SB435 in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

Fortunately, anyone who hasn't had the sense to coast through Newport Beach on a weekend evening without having their ignition off in the normal cop hiding places, is probably already in jail and won't need to worry about this new legislation. :D California CHP has carried DB meters since when? The 80's?:mad: