Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-news/)
-   -   H-D Unions Agree to Labor Contract (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-news/16391-h-d-unions-agree-labor-contract.html)

Administrator 09-13-2010 02:20 PM

H-D Unions Agree to Labor Contract

Original Article:
H-D Unions Agree to Labor Contract

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article H-D Unions Agree to Labor Contract in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

Dr_Sprocket 09-13-2010 05:52 PM

Never saw this one coming... NOT! Some protection the unions did this time. Salaries locked for four years and hundreds of job cuts? But, hey! At least they negotiated for them to keep thier jobs.

acecycleins 09-14-2010 05:15 AM

Better to be employed than not. May be the smartest union move of the year.

seruzawa 09-14-2010 06:06 AM

Yes, the future is here. No longer will high school dropouts be able to earn $30 per hour by joining an extortion racket.

The_AirHawk 09-14-2010 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 249257)
Yes, the future is here. No longer will high school dropouts be able to earn $30 per hour by joining an extortion racket.

That would mean the "Future" is no-longer here, then.....

sarnali2 09-14-2010 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 249257)

HEY now....I resemble that remark!!

seruzawa 09-14-2010 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarnali2 (Post 249278)
HEY now....I resemble that remark!!

Except for that years of training and experience running boilers thingie.....

Buzglyd 09-14-2010 12:47 PM

The day they start to give those Puffy Hats out to just anyone, is the day this country ceases to exist.

sarnali2 09-14-2010 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 249280)
Except for that years of training and experience running boilers thingie.....

Well yeah, I've been doing this for thirty five years now...where do the time go eh?

To be honest my union is next to useless anyway, no puffy hats, no stripped coveralls and you have to buy your own great big white coffee mug!!!

Buzglyd 09-14-2010 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarnali2 (Post 249288)
Well yeah, I've been doing this for thirty five years now...where do the time go eh?

To be honest my union is next to useless anyway, no puffy hats, no stripped coveralls and you have to buy your own great big white coffee mug!!!

The local clerks union here ( of which I was once a member for five years) runs these ads touting how important it is to go to a union grocery store due to the quality of the union labor.

I've been in two unions and I can say this, the unions were NEVER involved in any kind of training or discussions on productivity, etc. All my training was provided by my employer.

I suspect most unions are the same.