Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News

Old 09-01-2010, 09:50 AM   #1
Administrator
Administrator

Default Electric Motorcycle Builder Killed in Crash

Original Article:
Electric Motorcycle Builder Killed in Crash

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article Electric Motorcycle Builder Killed in Crash in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.
Administrator is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-01-2010, 10:49 AM   #2
Summer12278
Registered Member

Dang. That sucks. It's like, when are we ever gonna get ahead, you know? Someone tries to do something good for the bike community and the environment, and then this happens. Dang.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:04 PM   #3
pushrod
Founding Member

May he Rest in Peace.

And God Bless his family.

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 12:27 PM   #4
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Shocking. This will electrify the industry.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:40 PM   #5
pushrod
Founding Member

Ohm my!

I was going to say it was a re-volting development, but I thought we'd all maintain a bit of civility.

It figures the South Florida guy would overcome resistance and, un-ampered by good taste, dive into silliness.

Again, I hate to see anyone depart the 'land of the dying' in a tragic manner. Bless him.

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:54 PM   #6
seruzawa
The Toad

Only you two would get a charge out of a tragedy like this.
Old 09-01-2010, 01:30 PM   #7
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Man that sucks, 29 years old. Nailed by a left turner in a Volvo probably. One gets a coffin while the other gets a "I didn't see him!" $300.00 ticket.

Tell me how that can possibly be fair? The driver needs to do some hard time against this.
Old 09-01-2010, 02:02 PM   #8
pushrod
Founding Member

Y'know, I think this discussion has happened before. You know, the one about who was at fault.

Without knowing the details, one wonders if the motorcyclist contributed to the collision. 29 year old on an electric racebike, out 'testing'.

I find myself wondering if he was at or under the posted speed limit. I see a lot of riders hauling @ss, and they are surprised when other drivers are unable to determine the safe action.

Add to that (although I'm guessing it had nothing to do with this incident) - the bike makes little to no noise.

So - we have an older lady (71) putting along in her Buick with 'Messages from Delilah' cranking out of the Fisher radio. Here comes 'Silent Lightning' down the road. Maybe even (and this makes me crazy every time I see it) in the right side of the right lane on a five-lane road.

She makes the left she makes every day. Let's assume, after looking down the road for oncoming traffic.

And, "Bang!"

"I never saw him!"

Of course, it could be all her fault. It doesn't matter to him, though.

I'll hoist one to his memory tonight. God Speed.

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
Old 09-01-2010, 02:09 PM   #9
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscuddy View Post
Man that sucks, 29 years old. Nailed by a left turner in a Volvo probably. One gets a coffin while the other gets a "I didn't see him!" $300.00 ticket.

Tell me how that can possibly be fair? The driver needs to do some hard time against this.
My good riding and shooting partner at work of the last several years, Bob, just got hit by some cager yesterday. He's down with a broken pelvis. his son was on the back and broke a verterbra low down. The son is still walking, though in a lot of pain. Bob got surgery last night and is expected to make a full recovery. He should take about 6-8 weeks to be back at work.

He was riding his son to the light rail station and passing through an intersection when some c***s**king f***ing oblivious cager decided to turn right from the cross street and ran right the f*** on top of him. Nope the f***ing cager missed the seeing bright red motorcycle and blaze yellow jacket and plowed right into him.

The f***ing cager gets a minor ticket, naturally. No drug testing because there was no indication of alcohol. Fool was probably yakking on his cell phone all screwed to the gills on anti-depressants.

Juries won't convict. Juries are made up of brainless cagers who give cagers that kill bikers a pass because the cagers on any jury expect the same courtesy from other cagers on other juries when they kill a biker. Like that f***ing jury that refused to convict the doper that killed the biker last week.