Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News

Old 08-25-2010, 09:54 AM   #1
Administrator
Administrator

Default BMW S1000RR Promotion for US Military

Original Article:
BMW S1000RR Promotion for US Military

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article BMW S1000RR Promotion for US Military in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.
Administrator is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-25-2010, 10:54 AM   #2
seruzawa
The Toad

Ahem. I live near a major air base. The most common bike I see troopers on is an R6 or a CBR600. BMW's trying to solve the problem of adrenaline-rush troopers killing themselves on R6s by selling them bikes with another 70hp?

Consider it fortunate that the Brass haven't banned the troops from buying bikes altogether. It happened to me when I was in the Nav in Yokosuka. It could happen again.

Really, this is crazy. ABS and traction control won't mean squat. The problem is them ramming into things at insane rates of speed. It would be better to give them discounts on DRZ400SMs.