Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2010, 02:21 PM   #1
Administrator
Administrator

 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: On My Bike
Posts: 35
Default Indian Motorcycle Continues to Grow


Original Article:
<a href="http://www.motorcycle.com//news/indian-motorcycle-continues-to-grow-89840.html">Indian Motorcycle Continues to Grow</a>

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article Indian Motorcycle Continues to Grow in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.
Administrator is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-05-2010, 04:28 AM   #2
seruzawa
The Toad

 
seruzawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: 8501 ft.
Posts: 17,461
Default

A 214% increase means 214 bikes sold instead of 100.
__________________
"Make no mistake, Communism lost a big argument - one we know today as the 20th century."
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 04:34 AM   #3
The_AirHawk
Founding Member
 
The_AirHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Leanin' Tower O' P-P-P-P-POWAAAAAAAAA!!!!
Posts: 11,491
Default

Normally, I wouldn't give two shytes about the "Indian" brand. But an Increase on something as expensive as these bikes is still an Increase, and I hope it continues.
__________________
Parfois, on fait pas semblant
Sometimes, it's not pretend
Oderint Dum Metuant
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 06:20 AM   #4
Buzglyd
Founding Member
 
Buzglyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 10,904
Default

Indian getting any bailout money?
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 07:42 AM   #5
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

 
sarnali2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sittin' down by my window, lookin' at the rain.
Posts: 8,719
Default

I was doing fine till I read the "110th Anniversary" crap, then I threw up in my mouth a little.......
__________________
"Carpe` Throttelum -Loud Suits Save Lives"

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 08:49 AM   #6
seruzawa
The Toad

 
seruzawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: 8501 ft.
Posts: 17,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
I was doing fine till I read the "110th Anniversary" crap, then I threw up in my mouth a little.......
Harley, Triumph and Royal Enfield should sue Indian for that fraud.
__________________
"Make no mistake, Communism lost a big argument - one we know today as the 20th century."
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 09:22 AM   #7
pushrod
Founding Member
 
pushrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Baja 'Bama
Posts: 3,642
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Harley, Triumph and Royal Enfield should sue Indian for that fraud.
Why bother?

Triumph and RE probably couldn't care less, and Harley is still wrapped up in the 'Potato-Potato' thing.
__________________
You would not understand,
this is not how I am...

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 10:12 AM   #8
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

 
sarnali2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sittin' down by my window, lookin' at the rain.
Posts: 8,719
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pushrod View Post
Why bother?

Triumph and RE probably couldn't care less, and Harley is still wrapped up in the 'Potato-Potato' thing.

Unfortunately the potato-potato sound went away with the Evo engines. Twin cams have their own unique sound but it isn't the traditional Harley beat. The EFI ones idle at a computer controlled 1000 rpm, to my ear it sounds more like a Brit twin's pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop-pop which actually sounds even better to me LOL.
__________________
"Carpe` Throttelum -Loud Suits Save Lives"

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 10:13 AM   #9
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

 
mscuddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Next to my still checkin the temp.
Posts: 5,449
Default

Indian the US company with the paint-shaker powerplus and all the fringe and chrome is going strong? Good for them...but the "other" Indian is verbotten here in Kaliphornia because...

I tried to be the parts distribution warehouse for Indian Enfield on the West Coast, but realized they can't sell bikes in California because of the approximate half a million dollars it takes to get something certified by the BAR, AQMD, ARB, CARB & the D.O.T.

The best part of the rules they sent me (a stack of paper six inches thick) was the part where you had to run a verhicle for certificaiton in an air-tight shed, on a dyno for 24 hours at full throttle, to see if any hydrocarbons leak out of anyplace they shouldn't be leaking out of.

I imagine an Indian Enfeild Bullet would go off like an IED and shred the shack and everything in it if you tried that test. Maybe they should start dropping Indian Bullets on Afghanistan instead of bombs...
__________________
A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.
mscuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 01:57 PM   #10
Buzglyd
Founding Member
 
Buzglyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 10,904
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscuddy View Post
Indian the US company with the paint-shaker powerplus and all the fringe and chrome is going strong? Good for them...but the "other" Indian is verbotten here in Kaliphornia because...

I tried to be the parts distribution warehouse for Indian Enfield on the West Coast, but realized they can't sell bikes in California because of the approximate half a million dollars it takes to get something certified by the BAR, AQMD, ARB, CARB & the D.O.T.

The best part of the rules they sent me (a stack of paper six inches thick) was the part where you had to run a verhicle for certificaiton in an air-tight shed, on a dyno for 24 hours at full throttle, to see if any hydrocarbons leak out of anyplace they shouldn't be leaking out of.

I imagine an Indian Enfeild Bullet would go off like an IED and shred the shack and everything in it if you tried that test. Maybe they should start dropping Indian Bullets on Afghanistan instead of bombs...
Yet the wackos will rip Corporate America for moving jobs overseas.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off