Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News

Old 05-23-2010, 07:25 PM   #21
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
Oh crap. A fat bald guy just burst in the house and wheeled all my beer away on a hand truck. Said something about me not deserving the great taste...
That's a Crock!

You really didn't deserve it because it was less filling...........
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-23-2010, 07:26 PM   #22
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paoli View Post
As long as we all keep buying stuff made in other countries, things in North America will go further down the tube!
When a country imports more than it exports, that country will come to a stand still and will go kaput.
That's what's gonna happen to Canada and the US.
We go down the drain.

There's one solution: stop buying Chinese Crap.
But that's easy talk. I see high unionized wages earners shopping at Walmart in order to save a buck, but they wreck the country.
The Chinese will never be able to perfect an Amber Bock, or even a Wheat Beer that's drinkable though.
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 07:23 AM   #23
usabob
Registered Member

Default A Shame

I own two polaris quads and was just considering a new 850. Not now.
Victory will follow: the new Pan American Motorcycle
usabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 07:33 AM   #24
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paoli View Post

There's one solution: stop buying Chinese Crap.
But that's easy talk. I see high unionized wages earners shopping at Walmart in order to save a buck, but they wreck the country.

Well you won't see this high paid union worker at Wal*Mart. I wouldn't piss on their doorstep if the building was on fire. And I go out of my to buy Made in USA, not always easy or possible, still you have to try.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 09:14 AM   #25
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
Oh really? I heard that a major foreign automaker decided to open their plant in Canada because the cost of health care benefits in the US made us non-competitive.

Have their been union abuses? Certainly. But saying "it's all the unions fault" is flat wrong. I'd say it has more to do with boardroom bonuses than it does with a guy working in a plant getting a pension.
"Lets hear it for Boardroom Bounses",...Wait!
Old 05-24-2010, 10:05 AM   #26
Neal
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwclay View Post
Well, cross (Roads) another former American built bike off my list. Also, cross off the Chinese-made Triumph and BMW motorcycles. Same goes to Buck knifes and Levi jeans. Seems like money is more important than national pride.
As of 4 years ago,Buck still makes at least some knives in USA. They are usually available in outdoors shops and gun stores. I believe they started making knives in China so they could sell in discount Stores such as WALMART or ****'s Sports Shops.at desired price points. I hope this is still true.if not,Schrade still manufactures in US. I think you are right about LEVi's though---all their production has moved overseas. And if the last pair I bought is typical,quality sux. I found a Company called Texas Jeans (made in North Carolina but at least USA)that makes a traditional jean modeled after LEVi's at similiar price point. So far I am satisfied with quality.

I'm not a fanatic but i do make an effort to buy USA goods when possible.It can be difficult but doable with a little effort. As I type this, Im wearing US made socks and underwear and my jacket is USA made. Shirt ,pants and shoes arent .
I also make a point of notifying the company when I buy a USA item from a Company that manufactures both here and overseas---letting them know that if i lose this option they lose a customer. Unfortunately Im not a large consumer and I dont make a dent, but if we all make a minimum effort insted of whining we may make a difference.
Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 10:19 AM   #27
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Good point Neal, I will try and be a more consious consumer.
Old 05-24-2010, 04:53 PM   #28
seruzawa
The Toad

#1. There is no "free market" in the USA. There is an 800 lb gorilla and a 1200lb moose in the room that always have their noses in everything. These are your State and Federal govts. It's difficult to find anything that isn't regulated, no matter all the claims by the uninformed that there is not enough regulation.

#2 You can see this happening within the USA as well as without. Businesses in record numbers are dumping out of high tax/regulation States for other States. California, New York and New Jersey head the list. Apparently Wisconsin and Michigan are also unable to understand that balancing budgets by raising taxes eventually drives the people who create business from the State. Without a healthy business environment no prosperity is possible, no matter how many college graduates quote crazy economic theories that claim otherwise.

#3- Ask Buzgyld why these businesses are leaving. He'll tell you. And it's not because the CEOs are all evil and greedy. The evil and greedy people are the ones who elect politicians who promise them free stuff.

Hint: It costs more money to get the permits to build a refinery than the cost of building a refinery. Nothing in the permit process makes the refinery safer or cleaner.

Last edited by seruzawa : 05-24-2010 at 08:30 PM.
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 05:08 PM   #29
Paoli
Registered Member

Originally Posted by bmwclay
Well, cross (Roads) another former American built bike off my list. Also, cross off the Chinese-made Triumph and BMW motorcycles. Same goes to Buck knifes and Levi jeans. Seems like money is more important than national pride.
---------------

What about the Chinese-made parts on Harleys?
Heck, you might as well cross them off your list too!
Paoli is offline   Reply With Quote