Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-news/)
-   -   2010 JD Power helmet satisfaction study (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-news/15340-2010-jd-power-helmet-satisfaction-study.html)

Administrator 05-20-2010 10:10 AM

2010 JD Power helmet satisfaction study

Original Article:
2010 JD Power helmet satisfaction study

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2010 JD Power helmet satisfaction study in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

seruzawa 05-20-2010 11:15 AM

The +/- spread is only around 40 out of 1000 points. That's not much difference between the "best" and the "worst".

pushrod 05-20-2010 01:24 PM

I'd guess the guys that were wearing the crappy hats were dead.

The_AirHawk 05-20-2010 03:21 PM

If Arai is so F-Bomb'n Good, why the F-Bomb aren't they further-ahead of the last one in line?

Splitting hairs.

Kevin_Duke 06-04-2010 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_AirHawk (Post 242269)
If Arai is so F-Bomb'n Good, why the F-Bomb aren't they further-ahead of the last one in line?

Splitting hairs.

While it's true that inexpensive helmets have gotten much better, there is still a difference you can feel between an Arai (or Shoei) than a low-end lid. I'm thinking this today while I write an Arai Corsair V review...

jmdonald 06-04-2010 06:57 PM

2010 Helmet Technology Good

As a kid I had a no name open face blue metal flake helmet and a stars and stripes metal flake as a backup. After losing the blue helmet I was forced to wear the back up until I could afford a new one (how embarassing). A full face helmet was my first choice and after a few months of saving I bought a white Bell that had no venting but fit well. I ended up using that helmet into my mid twenties(about 10 years). The fit was the most important thing back then and is still the most important to me today. My last two helmets have been Arai and compared to that old Bell it it weighs practically nothing and the venting is stellar. We are truly blessed to have the new technologies available to us. The good old days are now.

sarnali2 06-04-2010 09:00 PM

I've been wearing my 3/4 Shoei quite a bit lately since the weather went from 35 and rain to 50 and rain...you know...summer... I like it better than my Multitek modular actually except it's noisier, if I'm doing freeway riding I just wear ear plugs. I like the fit and comfort and the vents work great on those sweltering 60 degree days.

The Multi is nice too but with the riding position and windshield on my bike the helmet vents are in dead air so it gets too stuffy for me. I works great on other bikes though, I guess I just prefer the 3/4 lid for this one.

Dr_Sprocket 06-05-2010 02:57 AM

I bought an Arai Vector to replace my old KBC. The Arai is lighter, quieter, and it has better ventilation.

The biggest difference is what I call the "head snap" factor. When wearing the KBC, if I would turn my head to look over my shoulder, and it were an exceptionally windy day, the KBC would snap my head around to the side I was looking. Now, in the Arai I don't get any "head snap", even on the windiest of days!