Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-news/)
-   -   2011 Triumph Sprint GT announced (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-news/15279-2011-triumph-sprint-gt-announced.html)

acecycleins 05-18-2010 08:10 AM

Love the GT. Excellent use of exhaust management. Should be a great way to hassle those VFR boys.

pushrod 05-18-2010 12:25 PM

Hmmm.

Just noticed on MCN that they say the GT will come with ABS and bags (not topbox) standard for 9499 pounds.

I wonder if the bikes will be the same for us?

Kenneth_Moore 05-18-2010 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pushrod (Post 241945)
Hmmm.

Just noticed on MCN that they say the GT will come with ABS and bags (not topbox) standard for 9499 pounds.

I wonder if the bikes will be the same for us?

JESUS CHRIST!!! Who is going to buy a bike that weighs almost TEN THOUSAND POUNDS!!!

This weight creep thing is just totally out of control.

pushrod 05-18-2010 01:27 PM

Oh, you kid!

I don't have the 'pounds, Sterling' thingy on my keyboard...

But, I CAN cut and paste it! Here: ₤

Okay, I went back to the Triumph site.

Quote: The bike also features new 31 liter panniers, standard ABS brakes, a 200-mile fuel range, an optional top box that is capable of accommodating two full-sized helmets, and a 12 volt power supply that allows ‘on the go’ charging of electrical items such as laptops and mobile phones.
Priced at $13,199, the Sprint GT will be available in US dealerships this fall as early release 2011 models.
Unquote

So, it'll feature new panniers, standard ABS and optional topbox. Hmmm.

sarnali2 05-18-2010 02:30 PM

Well not quite the Trophy replacement I was hoping for but a defo step in the right direction. The only reason I'm on a Harley now is that Triumph didn't replace the Trophy. Not that I don't love my Dekker...........

Dr_Sprocket 05-18-2010 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pushrod (Post 241957)
So, it'll feature new panniers, standard ABS and optional topbox. Hmmm.

"Hmmm" good or "hmmm" bad?

Kenneth_Moore 05-18-2010 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pushrod (Post 241957)
Priced at $13,199, the Sprint GT will be available in US dealerships this fall as early release 2011 models.
Unquote

Hell, if they're 9,499 in the UK and 13,199 here, you could fly over there, buy the bike and ship it home, and get a free vacation out of the deal! Who's going with me?

The_AirHawk 05-18-2010 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 241992)
Hell, if they're 9,499 in the UK and 13,199 here, you could fly over there, buy the bike and ship it home, and get a free vacation out of the deal! Who's going with me?

£9499 is $13,567.47 as of a few minutes-ago (XE - The World's Favorite Currency and Foreign Exchange Site )

And the ASCII code for "£" is "Alt+156", pushrod.

pushrod 05-19-2010 07:55 AM

Dr. S - my point was one feature is 'new' but not necessarily 'included'; one is 'standard', and one is 'optional'.

All three are/were big ticket items, on the order of roughly $1000 each for the panniers and the ABS, and just over half that for the topbox (and the requisite but separately purchased rack). And, the bags that did come 'with' the bikes were not installed. That was 3 hours (flat rate) at the Dealership.

So, my 'Hmmm' was indicating that the MSRP, especially if the 'new' bags are indeed included, is not much more than a similarly equipped 2010 ST.

Dr_Sprocket 05-19-2010 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pushrod (Post 242030)
Dr. S - my point was one feature is 'new' but not necessarily 'included'; one is 'standard', and one is 'optional'.

All three are/were big ticket items, on the order of roughly $1000 each for the panniers and the ABS, and just over half that for the topbox (and the requisite but separately purchased rack). And, the bags that did come 'with' the bikes were not installed. That was 3 hours (flat rate) at the Dealership.

So, my 'Hmmm' was indicating that the MSRP, especially if the 'new' bags are indeed included, is not much more than a similarly equipped 2010 ST.

I thought that's what you were getting at. I was thinking the same thing, too. Great minds...!