Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News

Old 06-13-2010, 05:31 PM   #11
troyFTR
Registered Member

Default Electric bikes No Thanks

Everyone pay close attention to the story and read it word for word. They gave the advantage to the electric bikes by racing them against 150cc "MINIBIKES".
Electric bikes are bad for the offroad motorcycle racing sport. I race in the Florida Trail Riders Harescramble series that consists of 2hrs of offroad racing. I for one have no plans of racing electric bikes for so many reasons, most of which in my opinion is performance. Have I ever ridden an electric bike? NO. Can it out perform an internal combustion engine? In my opinion NO, especially not the big picture.
Ohh and by the way what was being used to charge the batteries? An electric electricity generating plant. Don't think they have one of those yet. It was currerntly conventional source I'm sure.
troyFTR is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-14-2010, 01:45 AM   #12
cenesdelavega
Registered Member

You might want to try one, pure power without all the noise and hassle of gasoline. Sure, they won't go for two hours flat out (yet), but I get two hours easily of rambling around the mountains. As to charging it, at least you have the choice of many options - from "conventional" to solar panels in your backyard. What choice do you have except buying gasoline from BP?
cenesdelavega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 04:29 AM   #13
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Eventually they will outperform the internal combustion engine. And we will be sitting on the porch reminiscing about the smell of race fuel.
Old 06-14-2010, 05:20 AM   #14
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
Eventually they will outperform the internal combustion engine. And we will be sitting on the porch reminiscing about the smell of race fuel.
Oh, electric bikes already can out-perform gas bikes, just not for very long.