Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-news/)
-   -   Roehr releases details on electric models (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-news/15234-roehr-releases-details-electric-models.html)

Administrator 05-11-2010 12:32 PM

Roehr releases details on electric models

Original Article:
Roehr releases details on electric models

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article Roehr releases details on electric models in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

seruzawa 05-11-2010 12:44 PM

Endurance numbers?

acecycleins 05-11-2010 01:26 PM

The rushing woooosh of electric superbikes. "I think I hear the chain", says Kirk. "No, Kirk, they're cutting the grass in turn 4", replies Ken.

Kenneth_Moore 05-11-2010 01:54 PM

The Superbike is $26 large. Hope the Supersport is a bit more reasonable.

ejis 05-11-2010 02:38 PM

They're showing $16k, which isn't necessarily that bad but the components seem to be budget oriented. I might consider it at that price, but not with lousy brakes and suspension. Then again, they may work very well but just don't need to be as beefy with the significantly reduced weight of the sport model.

Kevin_Duke 05-11-2010 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ejis (Post 241479)
They're showing $16k, which isn't necessarily that bad but the components seem to be budget oriented. I might consider it at that price, but not with lousy brakes and suspension. Then again, they may work very well but just don't need to be as beefy with the significantly reduced weight of the sport model.

Made in America ain't cheap, apparently. The chassis of the Roehrs is borrowed from the Hyosung GT250. Not a bad chassis, but definitely not Bimota!

Kevin_Duke 05-11-2010 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 241464)
Endurance numbers?

Roehr says about 100 miles riding around town. Highway travel saps juice, down to about 40 miles of range at highway speeds.

seruzawa 05-11-2010 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke (Post 241486)
Roehr says about 100 miles riding around town. Highway travel saps juice, down to about 40 miles of range at highway speeds.

Dang. I still can't make it to work.

Kevin_Duke 05-11-2010 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 241494)
Dang. I still can't make it to work.

Well, make it two-thirds the way there, then un-bungy-net this thing for the final leg: Honda Personal Mobility Concept U3-X [video] | Motorcycle Blog: The Sidecar

Kenneth_Moore 05-12-2010 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke (Post 241508)
Well, make it two-thirds the way there, then un-bungy-net this thing for the final leg: Honda Personal Mobility Concept U3-X [video] | Motorcycle Blog: The Sidecar

No way. My aircar that folds into a briefcase will be here next week.