Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News

Old 03-12-2010, 10:02 AM   #1
Administrator
Administrator

Default 2010 Yamaha FZ8 and Fazer8 revealed

Original Article:
<a href="http://www.motorcycle.com//news/2010-yamaha-fz8-and-fazer8-revealed-89318.html">2010 Yamaha FZ8 and Fazer8 revealed</a>

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2010 Yamaha FZ8 and Fazer8 revealed in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.
Administrator is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-14-2010, 02:11 PM   #2
MartyO
Registered Member

Default This would be my next bike. Please bring it here soon Yamaha.

Please Yamaha. This is going to be my next bike. I wish it was a little lighter but the idea of something comfortable with power midway between the 6 and the 1that you can wind out a bit sounds good. And around $7999? Really Really early 2011 maybe?
MartyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 02:51 PM   #3
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Default The bike most Americans should have...

This is the bike most Americans should be riding. Decent power, but not over the top. While I love the new crop of Ducatis, this is likely the bike I would get (if they offered it here).
Old 03-14-2010, 03:09 PM   #4
mugwump58
Registered Member

Guess I'll have to go through my now familar screening process. Can I get a center stand? Will H B make a rack for it? How much heated gear will it run?

Although the 11 degree engine in the Monster would certainly get my attention as well. If only I could find a centerstand, yes I have issues.
Old 03-14-2010, 05:40 PM   #5
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugwump58 View Post
Guess I'll have to go through my now familar screening process. Can I get a center stand? Will H B make a rack for it? How much heated gear will it run?

Although the 11 degree engine in the Monster would certainly get my attention as well. If only I could find a centerstand, yes I have issues.
A centerstand comes standard on the Multi Touring, plus you can get it as an option for any model. Not sure about the FZ8, but since it was built for Europe, I'll be one will be available for it. Count on the bike being part of Yammie's 2011 lineup.
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 06:10 PM   #6
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke View Post
A centerstand comes standard on the Multi Touring, plus you can get it as an option for any model. Not sure about the FZ8, but since it was built for Europe, I'll be one will be available for it. Count on the bike being part of Yammie's 2011 lineup.
Are you kidding?! (about the Yammer coming to the states) Now, that would be interesting.

Funny. I showed my wife pics of about 20 different bikes as a potential replacement for the Buell (if I ever decide to move on), and the only one she gave the affirmative to was the new Multistrada. She doesn't know anything about bikes, either. Go figure!
Old 03-14-2010, 07:55 PM   #7
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket View Post
Are you kidding?! (about the Yammer coming to the states) Now, that would be interesting.
Yamaha is playing predictably coy about the FZ8, but, yeah, I predict it will come Stateside in 2011. The economics of it - an already built product - suggest Yamaha USA can't afford to ignore filling an unclaimed spot in its lineup. However, it might not be as cheap as some might expect, probably $9000 or so.
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 02:40 AM   #8
mugwump58
Registered Member

Quote:
A centerstand for a Monster? Lead on McDuff, I'll see if I can get you a commision.
Old 03-15-2010, 06:52 AM   #9
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugwump58 View Post

Looks like you could use tie wraps and attach your milk crate to the grab rails on the white one at least. As an added bonus you could jam a throw pillow against it and use it as a back rest!

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 11:54 AM   #10
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Yamaha is playing predictably coy about the FZ8, but, yeah, I predict it will come Stateside in 2011. The economics of it - an already built product - suggest Yamaha USA can't afford to ignore filling an unclaimed spot in its lineup. However, it might not be as cheap as some might expect, probably $9000 or so.
What do you hear about the Super Tenere? I can't think of anything Yamaha has that plays in the ADV space, which seems to be a growing market niche.