Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-news/)
-   -   2010 Zero Motorcycles lineup announced (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-news/14635-2010-zero-motorcycles-lineup-announced.html)

Administrator 03-08-2010 10:50 AM

2010 Zero Motorcycles lineup announced

Original Article:
2010 Zero Motorcycles lineup announced

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2010 Zero Motorcycles lineup announced in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

Kenneth_Moore 03-08-2010 11:27 AM

"this year’s models will resonate with both serious riders and casual motorcycle enthusiasts on a global level.”

If "resonate" means we're going to ignore it until they get a real bike, I guess they're right. The one I rode is far from "ready for prime time." And considering what $10 grand will buy, new or used, in a gas bike...faghettaboudit.

The_AirHawk 03-08-2010 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 236399)
"this year’s models will resonate with both serious riders and casual motorcycle enthusiasts on a global level.”

If "resonate" means we're going to ignore it until they get a real bike, I guess they're right. The one I rode is far from "ready for prime time." And considering what $10 grand will buy, new or used, in a gas bike...faghettaboudit.

WTF? I thought between you and Socko, there would be a Zero Motorcycles Dealership on each coast by now!

longride 03-08-2010 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_AirHawk (Post 236400)
WTF? I thought between you and Socko, there would be a Zero Motorcycles Dealership on each coast by now!

Ken isn't a practicing environmentalist. He's more of a preacher type! :)

Kenneth_Moore 03-08-2010 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_AirHawk (Post 236400)

Actually there are, and I overhead a couple guys trying to get a franchise on a new one in their area. Brammo has made a deal to sell their bikes in Best Buy stores around the country.

I like the idea of an electric bike, or car for that matter. It's just a matter of time before one that's useful comes out. But the street bikes Zero has for sale now are basically big electric bicycles, not motorcycles. The dirt bikes seem a better deal...they can leave off all the DOT stuff and get better performance.

Kenneth_Moore 03-08-2010 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 236401)
Ken isn't a practicing environmentalist. He's more of a preacher type! :)

Shouldn't you be practicing riding your Bool? You'd better get good at it before some Vee rider comes along and embarasses you.

longride 03-08-2010 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 236403)
Shouldn't you be practicing riding your Bool? You'd better get good at it before some Vee rider comes along and embarasses you.

The Vee rider is certainly far more embarrased riding that thing than I ever will, or could be!

BrowningBAR 03-08-2010 12:23 PM

Poor range.
Poor top speed.
Expensive.

Sign me up!

The_AirHawk 03-08-2010 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrowningBAR (Post 236406)
Poor range.
Poor top speed.
Expensive.

Sign me up!

BAR! You handsome Devil, You! Good to "hear" from you!

BrowningBAR 03-08-2010 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_AirHawk (Post 236407)
BAR! You handsome Devil, You! Good to "hear" from you!

Howdy.