Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-news/)
-   -   2010 Yamaha Super Tenere unveiled (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-news/14503-2010-yamaha-super-tenere-unveiled.html)

Administrator 02-24-2010 02:29 PM

2010 Yamaha Super Tenere unveiled

Original Article:
2010 Yamaha Super Tenere unveiled

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2010 Yamaha Super Tenere unveiled in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

Dr_Sprocket 02-24-2010 03:15 PM

Great! Another bike we won't see this side of the Atlantic!

Looks a little VStrom-ish, if you ask me. Wonder how a back country side tipover would affect the electronics and cooling system.

mugwump58 02-24-2010 04:11 PM

Looks nice though doesn't it. Lightest in class too. "Will there be an 800 that's even lighter?" he asked optimisticly.

A Star Ride 02-24-2010 04:14 PM

Why dont the police departments use bikes more like these?

mugwump58 02-24-2010 04:43 PM

May be not so light after all

I have no recollection of where I got that light weight nonsense.

Kenneth_Moore 02-24-2010 06:18 PM

It's nice...there are some close ups on Stromtrooper.com that show the shaft drive and other details.

I'd like to think that Yamaha can connect the dots well enough to notice BMW is selling GS bikes as fast as they can import them. People stand in line to buy the damn things, and then spend even more on accessories. Ducati figured it out with their new 'Strada.

Meanwhile, Suzuki hasn't updated the VStrom 1000 for years. It's a damn good bike as is; if they made a few improvements or did a re-style, I'm sure it would be very well received.

Dr_Sprocket 02-24-2010 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 235511)
It's nice...there are some close ups on Stromtrooper.com that show the shaft drive and other details.

I'd like to think that Yamaha can connect the dots well enough to notice BMW is selling GS bikes as fast as they can import them. People stand in line to buy the damn things, and then spend even more on accessories. Ducati figured it out with their new 'Strada.

Meanwhile, Suzuki hasn't updated the VStrom 1000 for years. It's a damn good bike as is; if they made a few improvements or did a re-style, I'm sure it would be very well received.

IMHO, the only thing really holding the VStrom back is the styling. I don't care how functional a bike is, if its styling is off people won't buy it. Suzook needs to update the Stormtrooper ASAP.

MOKE1K 02-24-2010 08:44 PM

Nice bike, can't imagine the beating the boy's will undergo at the shop once this Yamaha lands. The store will be full of Beemer nerds lurking around and speaking trekie trying to steal them by making a stupid offers.

Wonder how she wheelies,......