Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-news/)
-   -   Female rider enters World Supersport (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-news/14105-female-rider-enters-world-supersport.html)

Administrator 01-14-2010 10:48 AM

Female rider enters World Supersport
 

Original Article:
Female rider enters World Supersport

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article Female rider enters World Supersport in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

Dr_Sprocket 01-14-2010 11:02 AM

I've got no problem with this. Good luck to her.

seruzawa 01-14-2010 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket (Post 232117)
I've got no problem with this. Good luck to her.

You better not. Being labeled a sexist is almost as bad as being a racist.

longride 01-14-2010 01:43 PM

“I'm the most victorious Italian female rider, I hope to be able to be a worthy representative for the female sex and open up the doors of this sport to more women.”

I didn't know the sport has been closed to women up until this stupid statement. How about going out there and just winning races, and then you won't have to cry about the doors being closed to women. Winning riders and drivers get hired.......unless you are Danica Patrick, and then you just have to look real good.

The_AirHawk 01-14-2010 01:47 PM

I'd do her.

Dr_Sprocket 01-14-2010 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 232132)
... didn't know the sport has been closed to women up until this stupid statement. How about going out there and just winning races, and then you won't have to cry about the doors being closed to women. Winning riders and drivers get hired.......unless you are Danica Patrick, and then you just have to look real good.

At least Danica actually won a race -- something which all the previous female drivers (CART, Indy Car, etc.) had not done.

longride 01-14-2010 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket (Post 232146)
At least Danica actually won a race -- something which all the previous female drivers (CART, Indy Car, etc.) had not done.

So in the four years she has been racing, she won once? Boy that's something realy hang your hat on. If she was a man, she would have been fired two years ago.

Dr_Sprocket 01-15-2010 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 232152)
So in the four years she has been racing, she won once? Boy that's something realy hang your hat on. If she was a man, she would have been fired two years ago.

Not so sure about that. Last year, she finished in 5th place in the points, right behind Helio Castronieves (a well-respected driver). And that other girl everyone was talking about (like, ten years ago), Sara Fisher is still racing and she was way back in the points standings. Other notables Danica beat this season include: Tony Kannan, Marco Andretti, and Dan Wheldon.

mugwump58 01-18-2010 06:25 AM

Alessia Polita

Please list all drivers in IRL/CART who haven't won a feature race in the past 4 years and still have a ride.

MOKE1K 01-18-2010 06:51 AM

I was going to post this topic, because it's been a heated debate on a couple of other sites I visit. Danika's name always sprouts up. My view is, I think it's great that women get invovled in racing, although I don't believe they should get any better treatment then the next guy. I'v raced when there was women on the track and I never gave it a second thought.

I would tend to think racing would be one of the first sports to become completely mixed with men and women.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:13 AM.