Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News

Old 02-01-2010, 12:58 PM   #61
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket View Post
We try. It's alot easier around with out the "one who shall not be named" around stirring the pot.
Well, I was tryin' to fish the lake, but nobody was takin' my bait........
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-01-2010, 02:12 PM   #62
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"A fan following has whole hell of alot more to do with it then winning races. I word EARNHARDT. Talk about a novelty, talk about unearned opportunity, talk about lack of performance"

Dale Earnhardt Jr. was a Busch series champion before he showed up in Sprint Cup. You call yourself a NASCAR fan? Maybe you need to THINK before you speak eh? Name the series Danica was a champion and THEN talk.
Old 02-01-2010, 02:15 PM   #63
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"Marketing comes into it, and the question is raised: why not exploit novelty?"

I never said they shouldn't exploit it. I just said call it EXACTLY what it is. Nothing more, and nothing less. I never heard a 6th to 9th place drivers name called in a race 45 times like her's is. If it was a guy, they would barely mention his name. Of course NASCAR is taking advantage of her. They need money too. It isn't because she has been wiping everyone out for sure.
Old 02-01-2010, 04:53 PM   #64
A Star Ride
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
"A fan following has whole hell of alot more to do with it then winning races. I word EARNHARDT. Talk about a novelty, talk about unearned opportunity, talk about lack of performance"

Dale Earnhardt Jr. was a Busch series champion before he showed up in Sprint Cup. You call yourself a NASCAR fan? Maybe you need to THINK before you speak eh? Name the series Danica was a champion and THEN talk.
Yeah he was a busch series champion (on coattails, but yes he won), and he aint done much at all since. Again without pulling the numbers, I'll bet my left one that he has performed WORSE on a greater declining scale then Danica has improved on a year to year basis. BUt you think he deserves to stay on the track (based on performance, not marketability)? I think he should get out of the way for someone who can do something with the opportunities he hasnt been able to materialize on.
Old 02-01-2010, 05:46 PM   #65
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"Yeah he was a busch series champion (on coattails, but yes he won), and he aint done much at all since."

He was actually the 1998 and 1999 Busch Series champion. Coattails twice? Whose 'coattails' did he win with? Are you that dumb? Paaaaaleeeese! He was also 3rd in points in 2003 in Winston Cup. I'd say that's 'doin much' since. It's better than Danica EVER did by a f*cking mile.

"Again without pulling the numbers,"

I'll pull em out for you:

Busch Career numbers:

Wins 22
Top tens 72
Poles 10

Winston Cup Numbers:

Wins 18
Top tens 142
Poles 8

Now for Danica:

Starts 81
Wins 1
Poles 3

I'd compare the numbers, but there really is nothing to compare. She is in f*cking CART and can't do better than that? With what, 3 good drivers in the whole series? She S U C K S!!!!!!!!!! Get it? Why do you think Franchetti, Stewart, and Montoya left? My bet challenge is still up there some posts back. Tell me if you are in. Wanna bet Dale wins again before She does? I'll take that one too.

Last edited by longride : 02-01-2010 at 05:51 PM.
longride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 06:18 PM   #66
A Star Ride
Registered Member

Note that coattails is plural to start with, and Dale Sr was wearing the coat. I cant believe I had to tell you that. And 2003 was SEVEN years ago, what has he done lately? Sold soda, lunchboxes & action figures. What did he win last year? How many top 5's top 10's?
Old 02-01-2010, 06:58 PM   #67
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Quote:
Why do you think Franchetti, Stewart, and Montoya left?
THEY left to chase the $$$, not because there was no real competition.

I think she has promise, but only time will tell. Plenty of male drivers have talent, but don't actually materialize. And here's another question, so what if she doesn't win this first year? Does that mean she doesn't belong?

The Buffalo Bills went to the Super Bowl three consecutive years. Did they win? NO, but they were in the big game. Sure, you could downplay their accomplishment, but they can still say that they beat all comers except the eventual champions. And that, my friend, does not in any way diminish their accomplishment, or that they were not worthy.

Again, every year there are approximately 65 different drivers and only 13-14 actually get a win. Does that mean all the other 46 drivers don't deserve to belong? And who determines who deserves? Ultimately, it's the sponsors that determine who belongs, because they want their product sold. If that driver doesn't move product, then the sponsor pulls their support. I'm not saying it's right, it's just sport.
Dr_Sprocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 07:18 PM   #68
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket View Post
You sure can compare:

Dale, Jr (NASCAR):
40 wins / 363 races = 1.10% winning percentage

Now for Danica (CART):
1 win / 81 starts = 1.23% winning percentage

Now, who were you saying is better?

So you ready to bet, or you just 'talkin' again? 2 Busch series championships and you are going to compare CART to NASCAR? So is your money on the table?
Old 02-01-2010, 07:20 PM   #69
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"The Buffalo Bills went to the Super Bowl three consecutive years. Did they win? NO, but they were in the big game. "

What 'big game' was she in? I hear all kinds of 'talkin', but no takers on my bets. I guess that says more than you or the other clown that is 'talkin' big on Danica. She sucks. Just with until this year in NASCAR to show you she will be the 43rd best driver out there.
Old 02-01-2010, 07:22 PM   #70
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Default My bad!!

Quote:
So you ready to bet, or you just 'talkin' again? 2 Busch series championships and you are going to compare CART to NASCAR? So is your money on the table?
My bad, poor math. Actual number was 4% (18 wins over 363 races) versus 1.2% (1 win over 81 races)

I would be IF Dale, Jr. was going to IRL the same time she was going to NASCAR. Then, it would be a fair bet. Tony Stewart already said she's gong to have a hard time, transitioning from open-wheel to NASCAR. Much of that has to do with intentional bumping, bump drafting and the tactics behind NASCAR racing.

Last edited by Dr_Sprocket : 02-01-2010 at 07:24 PM.
Dr_Sprocket is offline   Reply With Quote