Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-news/)
-   -   Female rider enters World Supersport (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-news/14105-female-rider-enters-world-supersport.html)

longride 01-18-2010 12:48 PM

I figured that you were just 'talkin'. Sorry Pulley, but if Danica was Dan, she'd (he'd?) be unemployed. Nothin' to it other than that.

Dr_Sprocket 01-18-2010 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 232370)
"Using that argument, over half of the NASCAR drives should lose their ride because they haven't produced. Right?"

And they do. I have a job for ya Pulley, name all the NASCAR drivers that didn't win in the last 5 years and still have a seat in the same car. Good luck finding one.

This is a loaded question since most drivers get canned only to get picked back up again by a different team. Anyway, here goes:

Over the past 5 seasons (05-09): 26 different NASCAR drivers won
NASCAR drivers last season (09): 68
Notables who are still driving after 5 winless seasons or since starting in the Sprint Cup: 21

Notables include (current drivers full or part-time):
Terry Labonte (2003)
Scott Wimmer (never)
Robby Gordon (2003)
Paul Menard (never)
Patrick Carpentier (never)
Mike Wallace (never)
Mike Skinner (never)
Michael Waltrip (2003)
Max Papis (never)
John Andretti (1999)
Joe Nemechek (2004)
Elliott Sadler (2004)
Derrike Cope (1990)
David Stremme (never)
David Ragan (never)
David Gilliland (never)
Dave Blaney (never)
Boris Said (never)
Bobby Labonte (2003)
Bill Elliott (2003)
A. J. Allmendinger (never)

longride 01-18-2010 03:16 PM

It wasn't my question. I asked you who was still in the same seat after 5 years of not winning. The answer is none of the above. They get fired. The fact ath someone else hires them isn't relevent. They don't produce wins for a team and they get fired. Danica never got fired, in fact she got a NASCAR seat for nothing as a reward for doing little to nothing. I guess you are still flailing, but I don't see any acceptance of my bets.

MOKE1K 01-18-2010 03:20 PM

Well thats why I had asked if those were good results for the amount of time she's been racing, it seems like the drivers never get sacked just moved to another team. Hell some have been there for as long as I can remember.

longride 01-18-2010 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOKE1K (Post 232401)
Well thats why I had asked if those were good results for the amount of time she's been racing, it seems like the drivers never get sacked just moved to another team. Hell some have been there for as long as I can remember.

Yes, they get sacked. There are so few drivers that can evern get one of thseo things around a track at speed, that they keep the ones that can actually do it. Ask Montoya how hard it is.

Dr_Sprocket 01-18-2010 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 232402)
Yes, they get sacked. There are so few drivers that can evern get one of thseo things around a track at speed, that they keep the ones that can actually do it. Ask Montoya how hard it is.

Without going into the in-depth career of every driver, I can say this: Results don't matter. If they did, then all of those drivers who were fired would never be re-hired. Those drivers, no matter how bad, get re-hired because they are "the best of the rest". My position is clear. Danica is just as good (or as bad) as the best of the rest. Will she be a NASCAR champion? No. Will she do enough to not get fired, or... get fired but get picked back up by another team? Yes, and not because of her gender (or perhaps because of it. Although, no one will likely admit that because it is illegal to hire anyone based on gender).

I won't bet because I don't think she will win. I do think she is just as good, if not better than "the rest". Fair play, my good man. Fair play. Time will tell.

Dr_Sprocket 01-18-2010 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 232400)
It wasn't my question. I asked you who was still in the same seat after 5 years of not winning. The answer is none of the above. They get fired.

At least we agree on something:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket (Post 232398)
This is a loaded question since most drivers get canned only to get picked back up again by a different team.

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 232385)
I figured that you were just 'talkin'. Sorry Pulley, but if Danica was Dan, she'd (he'd?) be unemployed. Nothin' to it other than that.

Would she REALLY be unemployed? Or, as you have pointed out, would she get sacked only to get picked back up again?

Again, what is the purpose of autosports, anyway? Why do they race? To win, or... for the advertising $$?

longride 01-18-2010 04:02 PM

"Again, what is the purpose of autosports, anyway? Why do they race? To win, or... for the advertising $$?"

I'll go with advertising dollars for $100 Alex.

MOKE1K 01-18-2010 04:38 PM

Isn't there any up and coming drivers? Some young buck that can drive circles (get it) around the elder drivers.

longride 01-18-2010 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOKE1K (Post 232419)
Isn't there any up and coming drivers? Some young buck that can drive circles (get it) around the elder drivers.

Joey Logano - The next star Began his NASCAR career last year at 18 years old. Not bad.

Joey Logano