Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News

Old 01-18-2010, 09:46 AM   #21
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket View Post
Stewart, a better driver than Villeneuve?

Villeneuve won the F1 championship, which is the premiere motorsports class in the world. Using your logic, that would make Stewart comparable to Mladdin, since he never moved up and decided to keep racing here in the US, right?

It is tougher to win champinships in NASCAR than anywhere including F1. F1 is a playground for eurotrash, and they purposely keep the Americans out of their little playground. They won't even give ANY American a ride, so save the Mladin stuff. Tony Stewart was never offered an F1 ride because the Euros couldn't stand it if he won it, and then rubbed their noses in it, and make no mistake, he is good enough to win in F1. Kind of like Lance winning 7 times in the Tour de France. They hate his f*cking guts because of that.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-18-2010, 09:51 AM   #22
MOKE1K
Registered Member

I won't argue Danica's seat may not have been based on her past performance. However, sometimes (as the commercial goes) "past performance is not an indicator of future success."

"Your only as good as your last result, when it invovles any form of racing. Imo.

Are those really good result's for Danika seeing that she's being there that long? I don't really know. I just hate seeing an average rider/driver get good because they've had three times the amount time, equiptment, and resources. Kinda like Kurtis Roberts, or Ulriches kid.
Old 01-18-2010, 09:53 AM   #23
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"Are those really good result's for Danika seeing that she's being there that long?"

One win in 5 years in a watered down talent pool? I think you can figure that one MOKE!
Old 01-18-2010, 10:15 AM   #24
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
"Your only as good as your last result, when it invovles any form of racing. Imo.

Are those really good result's for Danika seeing that she's being there that long? I don't really know. I just hate seeing an average rider/driver get good because they've had three times the amount time, equiptment, and resources. Kinda like Kurtis Roberts, or Ulriches kid.
I couldn't agree with you more, Moke! Danica's results of late (independent of how she got her ride) are better than most of those old geezers in NASCAR... or CART/IRL, to boot.

Can someone "get good" without skill/talent? Could just anyone get in that car and drive to a 5th place finish? I think not.
Dr_Sprocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 10:23 AM   #25
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
"Are those really good result's for Danika seeing that she's being there that long?"

One win in 5 years in a watered down talent pool? I think you can figure that one MOKE!
Using that argument, over half of the NASCAR drives should lose their ride because they haven't produced. Right?

Beside, what is the purpose of motorsports, anyway? To go fast? Or to sell stuff? All those sponsors do so because they get their name on a vehicle. If those companies thought they wouldn't get a decent ROI, they wouldn't do it (e.g. motorcycle shambles right now). Sarah Fisher was pretty decent looking, but I don't see anyone throwing her the keys to a NASCAR ride just because she's a woman. Your response?

Do you think she will be the worst driver in NASCAR this year? It'll be interesting to see how she does. Again, I don't think she will do well but, who knows?
Old 01-18-2010, 10:33 AM   #26
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Using that argument, over half of the NASCAR drives should lose their ride because they haven't produced. Right?

Beside, what is the purpose of motorsports, anyway? To go fast? Or to sell stuff? All those sponsors do so because they get their name on a vehicle. If those companies thought they wouldn't get a decent ROI, they wouldn't do it (e.g. motorcycle shambles right now). Sarah Fisher was pretty decent looking, but I don't see anyone throwing her the keys to a NASCAR ride just because she's a woman. Your response?

Do you think she will be the worst driver in NASCAR this year? It'll be interesting to see how she does. Again, I don't think she will do well but, who knows?
Naw. She's not the worst driver in NASCAR by a long shot. I'm sure the articles and photo-ops have helped her career. So what? Which racers don't toot their own horns given the chance?
Old 01-18-2010, 10:46 AM   #27
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"Using that argument, over half of the NASCAR drives should lose their ride because they haven't produced. Right?"

And they do. I have a job for ya Pulley, name all the NASCAR drivers that didn't win in the last 5 years and still have a seat in the same car. Good luck finding one.

Last edited by longride : 01-18-2010 at 10:50 AM.
longride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 11:23 AM   #28
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Quote:
And they do. I have a job for ya Pulley, name all the NASCAR drivers that didn't win in the last 5 years and still have a seat in the same car. Good luck finding one.
To quote Anthony Kedis, "That would be a waste of time."

Apples & oranges. In 2009, there were approximately 39 NASCAR races. In 2009, there were only 17 IRL/CART races. By those numbers, you'd get 115 more races/opportunities to get a win over the same five years. Those numbers support my argument. With even fewer opportunities to get a win, Danica produced while Jr. had even twice as many opportunities and did half as well. Thanks, LR!
Old 01-18-2010, 11:34 AM   #29
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
To quote Anthony Kedis, "That would be a waste of time."

Apples & oranges. In 2009, there were approximately 39 NASCAR races. In 2009, there were only 17 IRL/CART races. By those numbers, you'd get 115 more races/opportunities to get a win over the same five years. Those numbers support my argument. With even fewer opportunities to get a win, Danica produced while Jr. had even twice as many opportunities and did half as well. Thanks, LR!
Again in case you missed it the first time, Dale Jr. won the championship in the division of NASCAR that Danica is going to race this year. He has 18 wins in 11 years in Sprint cup. Danica has 1 win in 5 years. I will bet you now 100 bucks that she will never win a championship there. That is bet #1

Then wager #2 for 100 bucks will be on how many NASCAR wins Danica will get. I will take zero for 3 years. I'll bet you as much money as you would like on this one, but 100 bucks is nice. I think that will end the argument right here and now, and if it doesn't, I'll stand to gain some cash on that one.

Then wager #3 for 100 bucks will be that Dale Jr. will win another NASCAR race before Danica does.

So since your argument is holding up so well (aaccording to you), and you seem to be really big Danica fan, is it a bet for all three, or to quote Anthony Kedis "Am I wasting my time?"

Last edited by longride : 01-18-2010 at 11:45 AM.
longride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 11:41 AM   #30
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Quote:
Would you like to place a wager with me right now on how many NASCAR wins Danica will get? I will take zero for 3 years. I'll bet you as much money as you would like. I think that will end the argument right here and now, and if it doesn't, I'll stand to gain some cash.
Objection, Your Honor! Asked and answered:

Quote:
Unfortunately for her, past open-wheeled drivers usually do not fair well in NASCAR (e.g. Villneuve, Montoya, etc.). They are just not used to the "rubbin' is racin'" mentality. I do not anticipate her having much success in NASCAR. But then again, what do I know?