Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News

Old 01-18-2010, 06:56 AM   #11
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
If she was a man, she would have been fired two years ago.
That would be the special treatment I was referring to.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-18-2010, 07:11 AM   #12
seruzawa
The Toad

Like it or not in the world we live in it is smart to have a few women competing in racing even if it is special treatment. The last thing we need is the Congress investigating and passing laws to "make things fair". don't think for a second that they won't if it might get them some good press.
Old 01-18-2010, 07:24 AM   #13
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
That would be the special treatment I was referring to.
Danica Patrick's season ending points standings:

2005 -12th
2006 - 9th
2007 - 7th
2008 - 6th
2009 - 5th (highest finish for a non-Penske or non-Ganassi team)

Still think she's "getting" special treatment?
Dr_Sprocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 07:49 AM   #14
MOKE1K
Registered Member

The question is would they have kept a man with those same results. Listen I don't claim to know one thing about Indy car racing or Danika. Don't care to-but any women who gets treated differently because she is a women will hurt the real ladies that are coming in, that truly do have talent and are fast.

My statment was based off LR's comment untrue or not.
Old 01-18-2010, 07:50 AM   #15
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket View Post
Danica Patrick's season ending points standings:

2005 -12th
2006 - 9th
2007 - 7th
2008 - 6th
2009 - 5th (highest finish for a non-Penske or non-Ganassi team)

Still think she's "getting" special treatment?

Yes, I do. She has been on the best teams in CART and has had what was arguably the fastest car in CART. ZERO RESULTS! If the Yankees come in 5th place, they would be considered failures becuase they have access to the best players. She has had access to the best that CART has to offer, yet won one race in her 'career'. She is moving to NASCAR now so she can fail over there too. Much ado about nothing Pulley. She was there because she was a female. Nothing more and nothign less.
Old 01-18-2010, 07:59 AM   #16
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Quote:
Yes, I do. She has been on the best teams in CART and has had what was arguably the fastest car in CART. ZERO RESULTS! If the Yankees come in 5th place, they would be considered failures becuase they have access to the best players. She has had access to the best that CART has to offer, yet won one race in her 'career'. She is moving to NASCAR now so she can fail over there too. Much ado about nothing Pulley. She was there because she was a female. Nothing more and nothign less.
Actually, not true. She has been with Rahal racing. No other non-Penske or non-Ganassi team did any better. Ganassi and Penske are the "big boys" of that sport. The bigger failure is for the other Ganassi and Penske teams who did not win, because they truly have the best teams and equipment (a'la Dale, Jr. who didn't really perform to expectations, despite being on the best team in NASCAR).

CART is similar to F1 - there are only two truly competitive mfgs/teams in F1. All the others are just fodder for the cannons, IMHO.
Old 01-18-2010, 08:25 AM   #17
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket View Post
Actually, not true. She has been with Rahal racing. No other non-Penske or non-Ganassi team did any better. Ganassi and Penske are the "big boys" of that sport. The bigger failure is for the other Ganassi and Penske teams who did not win, because they truly have the best teams and equipment (a'la Dale, Jr. who didn't really perform to expectations, despite being on the best team in NASCAR).

CART is similar to F1 - there are only two truly competitive mfgs/teams in F1. All the others are just fodder for the cannons, IMHO.

Below is her 'career' leading up to her CART failure. Tell me how she got her ride again? Please Pulley. If she was a guy she wouldn't have gotten near a ride. To get near a ride, you need to be a champ at SOME class before stepping up. She wasn't. She's a novelty. Look up Angelle Savoie if you want to see a real champ in action. No excuses. By the way Dale Jr. has a NASCAR championship. Danica won one race in 5 years. Big difference.

Toyota Atlantic Championship Presented by Yokohama
Position: 3 (269 points)
12 races. 0 wins. 1 pole position. 3 podiums. 1 fastest lap.

Team: Team Rahal
Car: Swift 014.a (Toyota)

Toyota Atlantic Championship Presented by Yokohama
Position: 6 (109 points)
12 races. 0 wins. 0 pole positions. 2 podiums. 0 fastest laps.

Team: Team Rahal
American Le Mans Series GTS
Position: 23 (10 points)
1 race. 0 wins. 0 pole positions. 0 podiums. 0 fastest laps.

Team: Veloqx Prodrive Racing
Car: Ferrari 550 Maranello

Barber Dodge Pro Series
Position: 13 (35 points)
5 races. 0 wins. 0 pole positions. 0 podiums. ? fastest laps.

Car: Reynard 98E (Dodge)
Complete results needed.

Formula Ford Great Britain
Position: 25 (10 points)
? races. ? wins. ? pole positions. ? podiums. ? fastest laps.

Team: Haywood Racing
Car: Mygale SJ01
Complete results needed.

Formula Ford Great Britain
Position: 19 (3 points)
4 races. 0 wins. 0 pole positions. 0 podiums. ? fastest laps.

Team: Andy Welch
Complete results needed.
Formula Ford Festival
Race position: 2.
Car: Mygale SJ00
Complete results needed.
European Formula Ford Championship
Position: no position

Complete results needed.

Formula Vauxhall
Position: 9 (31 points)

Complete results needed.

Formula Vauxhall Winter Series
Position: no position

Complete results needed.

Last edited by longride : 01-18-2010 at 08:28 AM.
longride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 08:59 AM   #18
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Quote:
Below is her 'career' leading up to her CART failure. Tell me how she got her ride again? Please Pulley. If she was a guy she wouldn't have gotten near a ride. To get near a ride, you need to be a champ at SOME class before stepping up. She wasn't. She's a novelty. Look up Angelle Savoie if you want to see a real champ in action. No excuses. By the way Dale Jr. has a NASCAR championship. Danica won one race in 5 years. Big difference.
C'mon, LR. Junior's championship was in the minor leagues of NASCAR. The "big difference" is between the Nationwide series and Sprint Cup series. His best Cup finish (season) was 3rd, was back in... wait for it... 2003. Last year, on undeniable the best team in NASCAR, he only managed a 25th!!!

I won't argue Danica's seat may not have been based on her past performance. However, sometimes (as the commercial goes) "past performance is not an indicator of future success." Junior has not lived up to his potential, even on a better team. Danica has improved every season. She was in the top five last year. Are you seriously telling me she didn't "earn it" last year?

Angelle Savoie? Do you mean Angelle Sampey, the drag racer? No doubt, she can ride. Look, last year there were like 45 drives that raced in CART. Danica beat all but 4 of them. Did she not earn her seat? You argument would have more merit if she got worse every year, but her recent results show consistent improvement.

Unfortunately for her, past open-wheeled drivers usually do not fair well in NASCAR (e.g. Villneuve, Montoya, etc.). They are just not used to the "rubbin' is racin'" mentality. I do not anticipate her having much success in NASCAR. But then again, what do I know?

Last edited by MOKE1K : 01-18-2010 at 09:33 AM.
Old 01-18-2010, 09:24 AM   #19
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"C'mon, LR. Junior's championship was in the minor leagues of NASCAR. "

He still won it.

"I won't argue Danica's seat may not have been based on her past performance."

Good, because her performance is nowhere near what was needed to get a CART seat.

"Unfortunately for her, past open-wheeled drivers usually do not fair well in NASCAR (e.g. Villneuve, Montoya, etc.)."

Well, Stewart has done pretty damned well, but he was a better driver than those other two to begin with.

"You argument would have more merit if she got worse every year, but her recent results show consistent improvement. "

Only because CART sucks so bad that there isn't any real competition there. The better drivers leave. Her NASCAR move is just another pub stunt like posing in her undies. She doesn't deserve a NASCAR ride. There are about 500 more qualified drivers out there than her, but they won't pose in their undies, so they don't get the ride. Face it, if a woman was a champ in a lower series, the owners would jump all over her to sign her up. The 'glass ceiling' and 'no opportunities for women' is complete BS. They need to win, period.
Old 01-18-2010, 09:28 AM   #20
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Quote:
"Unfortunately for her, past open-wheeled drivers usually do not fair well in NASCAR (e.g. Villneuve, Montoya, etc.)."

Well, Stewart has done pretty damned well, but he was a better driver than those other two to begin with.
Stewart, a better driver than Villeneuve?

Villeneuve won the F1 championship, which is the premiere motorsports class in the world. Using your logic, that would make Stewart comparable to Mladdin, since he never moved up and decided to keep racing here in the US, right?