Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News

Old 12-17-2009, 12:22 PM   #1
Administrator
Administrator

Default Bike ownership satisfaction up in 2009

Original Article:
Bike ownership satisfaction up in 2009

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article Bike ownership satisfaction up in 2009 in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.
Administrator is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-17-2009, 12:31 PM   #2
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

I know MY satisfaction was up for '09 - 'specially since all of 'em are paid-off now.......
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 01:05 PM   #3
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

I'm satisfied I actually got to ride mine yesterday, between monsoon rain and 10 degree lows I've been trundeling along to work in my Explorer with the rest of the wage-slaves.

'O course it poured ass rain all day after I got here so I get a good swim home but the trusty 'stitch kept me warm and dry. Today I drove in because I got up late and it's supposed to be 50+ and dry......can't flippin win I tell ya!

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 02:33 PM   #4
Neal
Founding Member

The improved quality of bikes is obviously a factor, but I think dealer attitude is also a big player. i think the tight economy and slow sales have made dealers reevaluate their attitudes. The local multi marque japanese dealership is well known for the aloofness (is that a word?) of the sales staff ;but the last time I visited they were all smiles and "hellos" when I entered and ,while not pushy or aggressive, hovered within hailing difference- obviously ready to answer questions if necessary. The sales manager of the local HD dealership has always been standoffish (although the salesman are friendly),ignoring my nods when I enter and basically ignoring me--although I bought my Geezer Glide and 2 Buell Blasts from her in the past. Last time when I was looking at a Street Glide she came over, politely asked if she could help and answered several of my questions about availability of options without any pushiness. I dont like aggressive ,hovering salesmen but I do appreciate politeness and availability that indicates they appreciate your business. All in all much appreciated improvement at both places
Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 09:33 PM   #5
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

That type of behavior cost the local Japanese bike mega dealer a sale also. Before I bought the bagger I was looking at options, one of which was to keep my Dyna and trade the Bandit and cash for a Vstrom. They had a shiny new '07 for $7500 which I would have bought on the spot, however the sales-dweeb was too busy drooling over the hottie Barrista at the in-store 'sspresso stand to give me the time of day. After about 15 minutes of obvious interest I figured f*ck you and walked out.

I can't blame the guy for drooling, the bint was a lot better looking than me but he was supposed to be a salesman and when you see a middle aged bald guy in a 'stitch looking at Vstroms you have to figure he's got money, only a man who didn't give a sh*t would try that combo.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 03:57 AM   #6
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Well, that guy saved you a lot of eye strain Sarnali. You should go back there and shake his hand.
Old 12-18-2009, 06:38 AM   #7
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
when you see a middle aged bald guy in a 'stitch looking at Vstroms you have to figure he's got money, only a man who didn't give a sh*t would try that combo.
Hey, I resemble that remark. Except the bald part that is...

LR, if you don't stop insulting the looks of my Vee I'm going to...to...well I'm going to do something.
Old 12-18-2009, 06:42 AM   #8
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool Get em! Don't let him leave!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
That type of behavior cost the local Japanese bike mega dealer a sale also. Before I bought the bagger I was looking at options, one of which was to keep my Dyna and trade the Bandit and cash for a Vstrom. They had a shiny new '07 for $7500 which I would have bought on the spot, however the sales-dweeb was too busy drooling over the hottie Barrista at the in-store 'sspresso stand to give me the time of day. After about 15 minutes of obvious interest I figured f*ck you and walked out.

I can't blame the guy for drooling, the bint was a lot better looking than me but he was supposed to be a salesman and when you see a middle aged bald guy in a 'stitch looking at Vstroms you have to figure he's got money, only a man who didn't give a sh*t would try that combo.
My dealer can't seem to stop pointing the finger at us(the salesman) when it comes to the bikes not rolling out the door- never mind the sagging economy and the fact that the banks don't approve anyone below a 720 beacon score. I understand they obviously want to make every opportunity count-but telling your salesman to "follow the mother f-er into the f-in bathroom if you have to!" Isnt my idea of a bike salesman. Imo thats a car salesman, the bike industry is a different type of buyer, and hence carry a different type of attitude. I never bug the customer to death, dont want to, and that doesnt sit well with my bosses.
Old 12-18-2009, 06:42 AM   #9
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
Hey, I resemble that remark. Except the bald part that is...

LR, if you don't stop insulting the looks of my Vee I'm going to...to...well I'm going to do something.

It's a nice enough bike that they made very ugly for no reason at all. Had pretty much the same motor in my TL 1000S and it is a good one, but I'm not sure why they had to make it an eyesore. Maybe there is a good reason, but I just can't find one.
Old 12-18-2009, 07:15 AM   #10
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
It's a nice enough bike that they made very ugly for no reason at all. Had pretty much the same motor in my TL 1000S and it is a good one, but I'm not sure why they had to make it an eyesore. Maybe there is a good reason, but I just can't find one.
Thats becuase its geared towards the Beemer crowd, they love ugly bikes. Their like trekies.