Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News

Old 12-11-2009, 10:33 AM   #21
acecycleins
Founding Member

Mladin to the new BMW Privateer team. We know the bike makes power, but...... Corser can't keep it up front. Wonder if Mat can take a "customer" bike to the top 5. I think that Aprilia would have been a better choice, but no one listens to me anyway.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-11-2009, 10:35 AM   #22
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Did you say something Ace? I wasn't listening.
Old 12-11-2009, 10:59 AM   #23
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
I know that the Buell deal was upsetting to a lot of people but blaming AMA race problems on DMG is a mistake. The series was in ruined long before DMG cam along.
I dont agree that the series was ruined before the DMG came along at all. However I believe the people that make the rules for the races need to be seperate from the people who make the marketing decisions.
Old 12-11-2009, 11:07 AM   #24
schizuki
Founding Member

Ol' Matt knows he's got zero cred and a tainted legacy. Desperate move.

Spies showed him up on so many levels. Gotta hurt.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 11:11 AM   #25
schizuki
Founding Member

I watched WSBK this year for Spies after losing interest the past few. Now I've got another reason to watch next year. He's the NY Yankees and New England Cheatriots of motorcycle racing (except that they didn't play against college teams for years). Schadenfreude is delicious.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 11:41 AM   #26
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
"Just because no one could beat him and he didnt move on to another series doesnt make me think he ruined the AMA. "

That is simply incorrect. He absolutely ruined the series with the non-competitive racing, to his acting like a pompous ass, and complaining about every facet of the series. He really made the fans want to come out didn't he?
Still dont agree, I think your perspectives are scued because of your dislike with Mladin and the fact that he never moved on. I think he should have moved on myself- but I definitely don't blame one rider simply because of the fact that no one could beat him for ruining the entire series, thats rediculous. How can you blame non-competitive racing on the guy whos beating everyone, thats his competetors problem not his. If your opinion was more popular and correct someone would have removed him from the series along time ago.
Old 12-11-2009, 12:24 PM   #27
seruzawa
The Toad

You're having a racing series where there's no doubt of who is going to win each year. Will this draw a lot of fans? Nope. It has nothing to do with liking or disliking Mladin. It's boring. Grammar school soccer is more entertaining. This situation hurts sports. This is why the NFL works hard to even things out and baseball, with constant Yankees domination, is sucking hind t!t.

Last edited by seruzawa : 12-11-2009 at 12:26 PM.
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 12:34 PM   #28
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
You're having a racing series where there's no doubt of who is going to win each year. Will this draw a lot of fans? Nope. It has nothing to do with liking or disliking Mladin. It's boring.
Agreed it won't draw in alot of fans, but that doesnt mean Mladin is completely responsible for the collapse of AMA Roadracing just becuse no one can beat him. Thats just silly to believe that.

Last edited by MOKE1K : 12-11-2009 at 01:54 PM.
MOKE1K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 04:11 PM   #29
GSXRWolf
Founding Member

Default Mat Mladin - Greatest AMA Superbike Racer ever

I believe Mat Mladin is the greatest AMA Superbike Racer ever. He deserves a lot of respect. If he wants to take a crack at some World Superbike races, I wish him the best and hope he doesn't get injured. If he wants to stay retired, I wish him the best in his business endeavors and family life.

I'm looking forward to reading his autobiography someday.

Go Mat!
GSXRWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 05:19 PM   #30
Ben Pike
Registered Member

Exclusive Mat Mladin interview video: Matt Mladin home after seven AMA superbike titles - Local News - News | Macarthur Chronicle Campbelltown Edition
Ben Pike is offline   Reply With Quote