Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-news/)
-   -   Mladin considering WSBK offers (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-news/13876-mladin-considering-wsbk-offers.html)

acecycleins 12-11-2009 10:33 AM

Mladin to the new BMW Privateer team. We know the bike makes power, but...... Corser can't keep it up front. Wonder if Mat can take a "customer" bike to the top 5. I think that Aprilia would have been a better choice, but no one listens to me anyway.

longride 12-11-2009 10:35 AM

Did you say something Ace? I wasn't listening.

MOKE1K 12-11-2009 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 229861)
I know that the Buell deal was upsetting to a lot of people but blaming AMA race problems on DMG is a mistake. The series was in ruined long before DMG cam along.

I dont agree that the series was ruined before the DMG came along at all. However I believe the people that make the rules for the races need to be seperate from the people who make the marketing decisions.

schizuki 12-11-2009 11:07 AM

Ol' Matt knows he's got zero cred and a tainted legacy. Desperate move.

Spies showed him up on so many levels. Gotta hurt.

schizuki 12-11-2009 11:11 AM

I watched WSBK this year for Spies after losing interest the past few. Now I've got another reason to watch next year. He's the NY Yankees and New England Cheatriots of motorcycle racing (except that they didn't play against college teams for years). Schadenfreude is delicious.

MOKE1K 12-11-2009 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 229862)
"Just because no one could beat him and he didnt move on to another series doesnt make me think he ruined the AMA. "

That is simply incorrect. He absolutely ruined the series with the non-competitive racing, to his acting like a pompous ass, and complaining about every facet of the series. He really made the fans want to come out didn't he?

Still dont agree, I think your perspectives are scued because of your dislike with Mladin and the fact that he never moved on. I think he should have moved on myself- but I definitely don't blame one rider simply because of the fact that no one could beat him for ruining the entire series, thats rediculous. How can you blame non-competitive racing on the guy whos beating everyone, thats his competetors problem not his. If your opinion was more popular and correct someone would have removed him from the series along time ago.

seruzawa 12-11-2009 12:24 PM

You're having a racing series where there's no doubt of who is going to win each year. Will this draw a lot of fans? Nope. It has nothing to do with liking or disliking Mladin. It's boring. Grammar school soccer is more entertaining. This situation hurts sports. This is why the NFL works hard to even things out and baseball, with constant Yankees domination, is sucking hind t!t.

MOKE1K 12-11-2009 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 229889)
You're having a racing series where there's no doubt of who is going to win each year. Will this draw a lot of fans? Nope. It has nothing to do with liking or disliking Mladin. It's boring.

Agreed it won't draw in alot of fans, but that doesnt mean Mladin is completely responsible for the collapse of AMA Roadracing just becuse no one can beat him. Thats just silly to believe that.

GSXRWolf 12-13-2009 04:11 PM

Mat Mladin - Greatest AMA Superbike Racer ever

I believe Mat Mladin is the greatest AMA Superbike Racer ever. He deserves a lot of respect. If he wants to take a crack at some World Superbike races, I wish him the best and hope he doesn't get injured. If he wants to stay retired, I wish him the best in his business endeavors and family life.

I'm looking forward to reading his autobiography someday.

Go Mat!

Ben Pike 01-26-2010 05:19 PM