Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/index.php)
-   Motorcycle News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   York H-D union agrees to huge job cuts (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13818)

longride 12-03-2009 03:39 PM

"When he rode away, he was the happiest guy in Fort Lauderdale."

How is that possible when you guys raped him?

seruzawa 12-03-2009 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_AirHawk (Post 229190)
I'd say that was typical. I (and The Wife) used to work for the SOB's...............

EDIT: And wouldn't ya F'n KNOW it - I won't recieve any of that payout for the years I spent with the Mother****ers either.........

Hmmm. I didn't know that Walmart represented the entire US economy. Thanks for the info. (eyes rolling)

longride 12-03-2009 04:07 PM

"Hmmm. I didn't know that Walmart represented the entire US economy. "

What they represent is why Unions are still needed today after all those abuses supposedly went away. Sad isn't it?

seruzawa 12-03-2009 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 229207)
"Hmmm. I didn't know that Walmart represented the entire US economy. "

What they represent is why Unions are still needed today after all those abuses supposedly went away. Sad isn't it?

Maybe but life is tough and the only way to ensure your own success is to pay constant attention and take personal responsibility for every aspect of your life. If you wait for someone else to make you successful you are doomed to disappointment. You know this. I know this. Many don't. Hence all the whining when someone thinks he's a victim. Maybe if one doesn't want to be stuck in a crappy job at a big box store he could do something else instead of settling for a crap job.

I've done damm well by avoiding unions. I refuse to be placed in the same pay scale with lazy slobs who rely on others to do the work and get the same remuneration.

longride 12-03-2009 05:02 PM

It doesn't matter if they are stuck at some crappy job. The same basic laws shoould be applied equally. It isn't a matter of job status, but fairness and following the laws. If companies won't do it, then someone needs to do it for them. Big boxes are hardly the only ones that skirt the law. The way they all were doing it in Illinois was to make everyone a salaried worker. That way they could avoid all the overtime laws. Illinois has since changed the law so they can't dodge that one. I never knew a company that had a Union rammed down their throat. The ones that got them easily deserved them with the crap they pulled. Don't want a Union? Then quit screwing the employees! Checks and balances works for me. Been on both sides of the table.

sarnali2 12-03-2009 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 229191)
Did you forget the $50 Leather -n- Chrome Gift Certificate I threw in? The free wash and polish job? And the bike cleaning? Ungrateful creep.

Typical sales slime..the god dam* gift certificate was expired and the tweeker you had washing it scratched the hell out of my "Live to Ride Ride to live" air cleaner cover and mirror combo..

Bastard, I hope you choke.

seruzawa 12-03-2009 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 229215)
It doesn't matter if they are stuck at some crappy job. The same basic laws shoould be applied equally. It isn't a matter of job status, but fairness and following the laws. If companies won't do it, then someone needs to do it for them. Big boxes are hardly the only ones that skirt the law. The way they all were doing it in Illinois was to make everyone a salaried worker. That way they could avoid all the overtime laws. Illinois has since changed the law so they can't dodge that one. I never knew a company that had a Union rammed down their throat. The ones that got them easily deserved them with the crap they pulled. Don't want a Union? Then quit screwing the employees! Checks and balances works for me. Been on both sides of the table.

And how does one make sure the laws are followed? Not by sitting on one's butt and letting someone else do it all for him. What happens is the workers get canned but the union officials keep their jobs. Just ask the air traffic controllers. Gotta pay attention in life or you get run over.

Buzglyd 12-03-2009 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 229226)
And how does one make sure the laws are followed? Not by sitting on one's butt and letting someone else do it all for him. What happens is the workers get canned but the union officials keep their jobs. Just ask the air traffic controllers. Gotta pay attention in life or you get run over.

The biggest abuser of employees is the gov't of course. I've got some friends who work for the Post office ( not mail carriers). Long hours and Soviet=like conditions.

seruzawa 12-03-2009 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzglyd (Post 229229)
The biggest abuser of employees is the gov't of course. I've got some friends who work for the Post office ( not mail carriers). Long hours and Soviet=like conditions.

I hear that the employees at the Ogden IRS Center have the highest rate of psychiatric drug use of any agency. Not surprising. How can one do such a job and sleep at night?

A Star Ride 12-03-2009 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 229203)
"When he rode away, he was the happiest guy in Fort Lauderdale."

How is that possible when you guys raped him?

he was raped hog tied, no lube no reach arround raped
14K for a sportster = rape
cashing out 401K for any motorcycle = stupidity