Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-news/)
-   -   Erik Buell starting new racing company (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-news/13758-erik-buell-starting-new-racing-company.html)

Administrator 11-23-2009 08:50 AM

Erik Buell starting new racing company

Original Article:
Erik Buell starting new racing company

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article Erik Buell starting new racing company in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

The_AirHawk 11-23-2009 09:54 AM

Well, this seems to be unfolding better than one might have wished.

Erik, Goodonya for keeping at it. I don't race - but I am enough of an enthusiast to be happy you're able to do this.

An Uly WAS almost-certainly going to be my next new bike - but not for another year or so. Now never, it seems.

Guess it'll have to be my next used moto...........

Kenneth_Moore 11-23-2009 10:33 AM

Eric,

One thing: please don't go blubbering across the internet like a rejected teenager if you get dumped again.

Thank you,
The World.

Kenneth_Moore 11-23-2009 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_AirHawk (Post 228661)

An Uly WAS almost-certainly going to be my next new bike - but not for another year or so. Now never, it seems.

Guess it'll have to be my next used moto...........

But, but, WHY? I could see an XR type, or a Street Tracker, or even an old-school hardtail with mile long forks and a stupid rake angle. But putting that lump in a dual-sport just never made sense to me.

The_AirHawk 11-23-2009 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 228665)
But, but, WHY? I could see an XR type, or a Street Tracker, or even an old-school hardtail with mile long forks and a stupid rake angle. But putting that lump in a dual-sport just never made sense to me.

But the bike gives me a Chubby.

acecycleins 11-23-2009 12:14 PM

Opening a race shop for a decommissioned brand does not seem like good business management.

seruzawa 11-23-2009 12:42 PM

Maybe this is just an interim action. According to the financial data Buell was making a profit for HD. Someone else could still buy it.

Buzglyd 11-23-2009 01:17 PM

Maybe he's gonna keep racing 'till the money runs out.

mscuddy 11-23-2009 07:48 PM

Ah the poor bastard was getting all choked up. I wish him the best.

I guess along with Buell, the ATK based entry level bike is history too. Nothing like a sportster for a first bike. Keeps the hospitals in fiberglass & plaster.

Miss my City-X. It was neat-o.

pplassm 11-24-2009 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mscuddy (Post 228692)
I guess along with Buell, the ATK based entry level bike is history too.

So, this is BS, then?

EICMA: ATK Partners With Hyosung, Plans to Enter Street Market - Dealernews