Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News

Old 11-25-2009, 06:35 AM   #21
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
"Yeah, those corporate fat-cats who make millions in stock options by closing US plants and shipping jobs to Mexico had nothing to do with all this."

What was the last product you bought that was made in the US? Case closed.

"... I can't believe you actually fall for this crap."

That quote from a guy that took the Global Warmin....err Climate Change crap hook, line and sinker.
The last time you said that I asked you to show me one post where I said Global Warming was real. And you found a quote where I said I didn't know the answer. Want to try again?

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-25-2009, 06:48 AM   #22
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
I didn't miss it, but you seem to put the bulk of the blame on American workers, and I don't think that's right. The vast majority of US workers are dedicated, hard-working people who do a damn good job when they're given the opportunity. There may be a small percentage of lazy union people who make a ridiculous salary, but most of the union workers I've encountered are skilled people who do quality work. The average US citizen is not to blame for the dismantling of our industrial base.

You're right, nothing is free. I should have said "government funded" or "tax-funded" healthcare and education available to all.
No, I spread the blame all over. The workers elect the politicians. The politicians create the environment that makes business difficult. You should see what a small businessman has to deal with as far as govt paperwork goes. None of it has improved anything except the size and salaries of destructive govt bureaucracies. And yes, the voters are responsible for every bit of it. They could toss out these two corrupt gangs of criminals who are looting our country. But noooooo, they fall for ridiculous promises which have never been kept.

Once the public can be bribed with its own money the game is over. We now have more looters and moochers than producers in this country. They will vote us into bankruptcy.

This quote by Ayn Rand is timely: “When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion—when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing—when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors—when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don’t protect you against them, but protect them against you—when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice—you may know that your society is doomed.”
Old 11-25-2009, 07:13 AM   #23
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post

Once the public can be bribed with its own money the game is over. We now have more looters and moochers than producers in this country. They will vote us into bankruptcy.
Te real "looters and moochers" are in the banks and Wall Street. The people on the public dole are a drop in the bucket compared to what they steal.
Old 11-25-2009, 07:35 AM   #24
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Te real "looters and moochers" are in the banks and Wall Street. The people on the public dole are a drop in the bucket compared to what they steal.
Bullshyt. Those moochers on welfare add up real theft. Add the welfare moochers and the lazy worthless govt employees that run the bureaucracies and then add everyone else who thinks they deserve a govt check because they are breathing (all moochers, every one) and you have dwarfed the Wall St looting.
Old 11-25-2009, 07:46 AM   #25
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
P.S. Those huge stock bonus options that encourage executive looting are a result of the laws on executive compensation that the liberals passed. Consequences are a bytch, eh? Maybe more laws will fix it. Yeah. That's the ticket. Obama will get on that as he fixes Wall St. You know, the same Wall St that gave him hundreds of millions of dollars and now owns him and the Democrat Party.

Too rich. Too ironic. The Democrat Party, home of the Wall St fat cats. LOL!
Old 11-25-2009, 08:11 AM   #26
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Didja see who ownes Jaguar and Land Rover now? Tata, that East Indian auto maker.

Man, talk about irony.

Oh and 'bout ATK, Frank White sits on the board of directors at HD, and said no one who would purchase a Harley would buy an entry level one made in Asia, that's why it was SUPPOSED to be built in Utah from European sourced parts (Rotax motor, Ohlin shocks, Brembo brakes, etc..).

But I guess manufacturing costs, along with battling Union types who threatned to boycot ATK moved it to Korea. Rotsa ruck Harley.

Those who fail to learn the lessons of history are doomed to repeat past mistakes. It's over USA. Read Will & Ariel Durrant's "Fall of the Roman Empire" for some good insight on what happened here. And no, there are no pictures in the book.
Old 11-25-2009, 01:15 PM   #27
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
The last time you said that I asked you to show me one post where I said Global Warming was real. And you found a quote where I said I didn't know the answer. Want to try again?
"I tend to believe scientists, and literally thousands of scientists around the world support the idea that man's activities are causing the planet to warm. A world-wide conspiracy to distort the truth makes no sense to me."

There ya go. Still looks like you believe it to me. I guess you didn't inhale though ,and didn't have sex with 'that woman' either, AGAIN. Nothing more ironic than a guy that rides a Japanese motorycle and drives a Japanese car crying about jobs going overseas. Sorry Global Warming Boy, next time you point a finger at the cause of job losses here, point it at the mirror.

Last edited by longride : 11-25-2009 at 01:19 PM.
longride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 05:20 PM   #28
testcase
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
P.S. Those huge stock bonus options that encourage executive looting are a result of the laws on executive compensation that the liberals passed. Consequences are a bytch, eh? Maybe more laws will fix it. Yeah. That's the ticket. Obama will get on that as he fixes Wall St. You know, the same Wall St that gave him hundreds of millions of dollars and now owns him and the entire American political system.

Fixed for truth.
testcase is offline   Reply With Quote