Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News

Old 10-20-2009, 04:29 PM   #121
Aaron5001
Registered Member

Man! That is a shame indeed. I was quite looking forward to the new Buell models. What is left in the Harley Davidson dinosaurs. I think Harley Davidson made a mistake with this decision. The market is going to become more competitive not less. People who want to buy American but don't like the old technology, inefficient and heavy Harleys will look elsewhere. Buell was a breath of fresh air. I really thought Buell was Harley Davidson’s life boat, now they have lost that. Perhaps Buell can go it alone; maybe Erik Buell can do this now.
Aaron5001
Aaron5001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-20-2009, 05:40 PM   #122
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

How many new Buells did you buy Aaron?
Old 10-20-2009, 07:22 PM   #123
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Since you asked........

I didn't buy the Buelly Uly because the Electraglide fitted my needs better
Same reason I didn't buy the K1300GT, R1250RT or VStrom. Actually the Vstrom is uglier than a bag of hammered ass-holes so I'd need one of those iridium visors to even ride it....

The rest of Buells line-up is just to cramped for my creaky bones, as are most other non Harley's these days..

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 07:39 PM   #124
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

You are a Harley guy through and through Sarnali. You need an old Panhead to complete the package. Nothing less will do.
Old 10-20-2009, 08:24 PM   #125
MOKE1K
Registered Member

I think their fun to ride, any twin engine sportbike can be fun. The shorter wheel base on the Harley makes for a quick-steer into corners and it wheelies or, stops on a dime. For me its a twin. Thats it. Buell, Suzuki every twin I'v rode I'v liked. To buy it though for me would be a differnt story all together. In compairison if your talking twins theirs alot more proven product out their with alot more parts floating around used. One key ingredient when owning a sportbike imo, cheap-used-parts.

On cheap new bike note, had a customer come in today said Honda had mysteriously uncovered still in the crate 2007 VFR's and where selling them with a 1yr warranty for 7k. Translation: They ran the line at the factory too long and are still trying get ride of them-they've just lowered the price more.
Old 10-20-2009, 08:32 PM   #126
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

[quote=sarnali2;226552]Actually the Vstrom is uglier than a bag of hammered ass-holes so I'd need one of those iridium visors to even ride it....[quote]

You got that right.
Old 10-21-2009, 05:57 AM   #127
pplassm
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
Actually the Vstrom is uglier than a bag of hammered ass-holes so I'd need one of those iridium visors to even ride it....
Funny they seem to have quite a following. I'm told they work really well, despite the ugliness.
Old 10-21-2009, 06:43 AM   #128
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by pplassm View Post
Funny they seem to have quite a following. I'm told they work really well, despite the ugliness.
Does the ugliness make it work better, or is it a byproduct of the enhanced functionality?
Old 10-21-2009, 06:49 AM   #129
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
Does the ugliness make it work better, or is it a byproduct of the enhanced functionality?
The two are unrelated. For example the BMW 1200C was a weak sister motorcycle but also was the ugliest motorcycle ever built.
Old 10-21-2009, 07:20 AM   #130
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pplassm View Post
Only the 1000's work really well. The Wees are a great buy for the money, but motorcyclists in the know choose the DL1000 for an astoundingly capable mix of power, performance, comfort, and practicality. Ugly? Only puzzies and posers care about what any one thinks about their bike's appearance.