Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News

Old 10-06-2009, 03:21 PM   #1
Administrator
Administrator

Default Provisional 2010 WSBK schedule released

Original Article:
<a href="http://www.motorcycle.com//news/provisional-2010-wsbk-schedule-released-88792.html">Provisional 2010 WSBK schedule released</a>

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article Provisional 2010 WSBK schedule released in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.
Administrator is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-06-2009, 05:37 PM   #2
12er
Founding Member

Same weekend for Miller, time to book my room.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 09:00 PM   #3
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12er View Post
Same weekend for Miller, time to book my room.
Do you have them put two king size beds end to end?
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 10:46 PM   #4
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
Do you have them put two king size beds end to end?
.......in the Parking Garage............
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 10:36 AM   #5
12er
Founding Member

The Garages tend to have less head room, so I stay away from them.

Hey Seruzawa I was thinking of dragging the wife along and taking an additional week exploring your state. We were wanting to hit at least one of your lovely parks for hiking and possibly some backpacking. Zion is at the top of the list along with Arches. Any recommendations, how long to visit each etc?

Thank you Sir.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:59 AM   #6
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
The Garages tend to have less head room, so I stay away from them.

Hey Seruzawa I was thinking of dragging the wife along and taking an additional week exploring your state. We were wanting to hit at least one of your lovely parks for hiking and possibly some backpacking. Zion is at the top of the list along with Arches. Any recommendations, how long to visit each etc?

Thank you Sir.
How are you coming out? Car? Bikes? 4X4?
Old 10-07-2009, 02:18 PM   #7
12er
Founding Member

AWD Sports Sedan will be the method of travel along with a good pair of hiking shoes. So mellow fire roads would be our limit while driving.

We currently are doing day hikes between 5 to 8 miles with anywhere between 700 ft and 2500 ft of climb on the weekends. Though after the Doc prescribed to quit being fat and lazy were trying to up those hikes to at least be in good enough shape to climb our local Mt Diablo which is about 14 miles round trip with 3500 ft of climb.

Were thinking of cutting across nevada (geeking out and taking the extraterrestrial highway past area 51) and catching 15 if were doing Zion (alternative suggestions welcome). Then taking it from there until the races.

Last edited by 12er : 10-07-2009 at 02:26 PM.
Old 10-07-2009, 02:52 PM   #8
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
AWD Sports Sedan will be the method of travel along with a good pair of hiking shoes. So mellow fire roads would be our limit while driving.

We currently are doing day hikes between 5 to 8 miles with anywhere between 700 ft and 2500 ft of climb on the weekends. Though after the Doc prescribed to quit being fat and lazy were trying to up those hikes to at least be in good enough shape to climb our local Mt Diablo which is about 14 miles round trip with 3500 ft of climb.

Were thinking of cutting across nevada (geeking out and taking the extraterrestrial highway past area 51) and catching 15 if were doing Zion. Then taking it from there until the races.
Okay. Most of the parks are to the south. I'd do Zion. Then head east on HWY 9 and get to HWY 89 and check out Bryce. Do Not stay at Ruby's Inn. Stay at a motel at the junction of HWY 89 and State Route 12. Ruby's sucks. After seeing Bryce continue East and North on 12, which will take you through the Escalante Plateau. Eventually you will hit the town of Torrey from which you can go to Capitol Reef. After the Reef continue on Hwy 24 and you will reach Goblin Valley. From there you head north and you can stop at Hanksville to see the dinosaur sculptures made of auto parts. Catch I-70 and head east a few miles to Hwy 6 and then north by the Book Cliffs, eventually to I-15 near Provo. You also save a few miles by taking 6. Then it's just another 40 miles to SLC.

Zion has free bus service to the park from Springdale. Do not eat at the Spotted Dog. You can do Zion in a day. There are several hikes on the bus route. Most aren't stiff.

Bryce also has free bus service if you park in the lot near Ruby's. Some hikes there. you can do it in a day.

Arches Park is way the heck east near Moab. So if you really want to see it head east when you get to I-70 and then south on Hwy 191. Return as above. Arches has free bus service, but I've never used it.

This is the best route I know to see as many parks in as short a distance as possible. Lots of gorgeous country too. You can do all these in a few days and have plenty of time to catch some rays and have some microbrews.

Anything else you want to see? A pilgrimage to Sundance so you can kiss the hem of Robert Redford's gown and gaze upon the environmental disaster that is Sundance? Maybe a visit to see the Joseph Smith Sphinx? We got it all!

Last edited by seruzawa : 10-07-2009 at 03:19 PM.
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 06:05 PM   #9
12er
Founding Member

Excellent, thank ya kindly. Definitely gives us a good starting point on planning.