Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News

Old 10-01-2009, 02:05 PM   #11
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
Ya think? Mat stuck around AMA racing just long enough to ruin it for everyone involved including the fans instead of challenging the best riders and himself. Mat would have been a mid-packer at best in GP and maybe an occasional podium in WSB, but him being a champion in either series was a pipe dream. He knew it, and that's why he never went to either, and his over-inflated ego would have never handled THAT. He was busy lapping the has-been's, never-were's, and never-will-bee's here in the states and acting like a complete pr!ck the entire time. And what a wonderful spokesman he was for AMA racing. He complained that the other riders sucked, the tracks sucked, and the whole AMA organization sucked........yet he never left. He did drive away just about every fan that was interested in racing to the point that even the AMA cried Uncle. Mat Mladin is a fantastic example of how someone can be a bad winner. How's that Ace?
I see you are one of those guys who "hates racing" too.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-01-2009, 02:55 PM   #12
12er
Founding Member

I watch no matter now crappy. That is if speed doesnt show it at 1am.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 03:01 PM   #13
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12er View Post
I watch no matter now crappy. That is if speed doesnt show it at 1am.
Well, thank heaven that AMA Roadracing has at least one loyal supporter. Maybe there is another one somewhere. Oh yeah. Moke. That makes 2. Three? Is there another one somewhere? (crickets)
Old 10-01-2009, 03:03 PM   #14
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by acecycleins View Post
Better. Thanks for the reality dose. Carry on.
LR could you be more specific? I'm not sure if I understand exactly what you mean?
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 04:38 PM   #15
12er
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Well, thank heaven that AMA Roadracing has at least one loyal supporter. Maybe there is another one somewhere. Oh yeah. Moke. That makes 2. Three? Is there another one somewhere? (crickets)
Well next year may actually be fun to watch instead of the Matt show. Though I'm sure DMG may throw another wrench into it somehow.

I think WSB in your hood is going to be permanent for me. This year was fun and pretty cheap in comparison to Moto GP at Laguna. My five days in UT including 1400 miles of gas was about the same as 3 days in Monterrey. Of course I'll still go to Infinion when the DMG boys come round and laguna for Moto GP. Now how can I work in Indy...

Last edited by 12er : 10-01-2009 at 04:45 PM.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 04:53 PM   #16
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by acecycleins View Post
Plain white font like the site. Keep it simple. I have a great screen guy that prints my shirts. Betcha he'd wheel n deal. Just make sure you get the FTL Ts. It's better cotton.
It's something we've talked about here, but it seems like VerticalScope, the owners, don't want to bother with any sort of retail operation. I'll continue to talk up the idea. Good to know there's a few of you who would throw down money for 'em!
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 05:50 PM   #17
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke View Post
It's something we've talked about here, but it seems like VerticalScope, the owners, don't want to bother with any sort of retail operation. I'll continue to talk up the idea. Good to know there's a few of you who would throw down money for 'em!
That's cuz they're Canadian and have the queen on their money.

Oh wait, you are too.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 05:52 PM   #18
mugwump58
Registered Member

Mmmmmmm, T-Shirt good. Ok so for one of you Benophiles, how much does he weigh? Who's Haga's kid gonna pal around with now? Best of luck Ben.
Old 10-01-2009, 06:10 PM   #19
Kevin_Duke
Motorcycle.com Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
That's cuz they're Canadian and have the queen on their money.

Oh wait, you are too.
I never love the queen more than when her face is on a thick stack of bills!
Kevin_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 06:25 PM   #20
giganto
Registered Member

Default yowza..

Didnt see this coming.
Rossi VS bunch o guys who can beat him in 2010.
Yama kinda like Ben, no? Good for Edwds keeping his seat by turning 09 into, "beat Jimmyboy." Maby karma shows itself for some.

Ill take 5 t-shirts. 3 white, 2 black.
Those from Canada undermine the value of t-shirts cuz afterall- whats the big deal about the layers you hafta wear under your flannel?
giganto is offline   Reply With Quote