Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News

Old 09-14-2009, 11:03 AM   #31
pplassm
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
More riders is a two edged sword. It gives us more political clout to resist fascist legislation. But it also makes for thousands more over-compensating idiots whacking themselves and installing race muzzies and open drag pipes.

I'm all for change. I just let others do the beta testing.
I dunno. We can't even get 10 percent to join the AMA.

The vast majority of new riders will give it up if there is even a small imposition.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-14-2009, 11:47 AM   #32
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by pplassm View Post
I dunno. We can't even get 10 percent to join the AMA.

The vast majority of new riders will give it up if there is even a small imposition.
I was thinking of HOG and ABATE. They probably have as much influence as the AMA.
Old 09-14-2009, 11:49 AM   #33
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newagetwotone View Post
Yea your just a snooty BMW rider :-p

I really hate seeing people not geared properly, mattering on how stupid they are it either makes me face palm or want to just ***** them out. i mean really, the helmet is right there on your passenger seat... PUT IT ON! or the ones that ride around WITH the helmet on and nothing but flip flops, shorts and wife beaters......yea that helmets going to do so good when you skid 200 feet and rip every peice of skin off your body.

Damn kids and there music.... gargle mumble
So you're bent about what safety gear people wear but don't mind of they paint their house electric green or park a rusty, 40 foot RV in front of yours?

I just had to do that you know.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 07:52 PM   #34
newagetwotone
Registered Member

You are correct.
newagetwotone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 06:14 PM   #35
cloud9
Registered Member

Safety gear on a motorcycle is like a seat belt in a car. The one's that care will wear it, the one's that don't, wont. That's how it should be. It's not like wearing a seat belt makes the car any less dangerous to anybody else on the road. I think even elementary school kids can explain the importance of safety gear. Do we honestly need laws to make people wear it?
cloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 06:25 PM   #36
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud9 View Post
Safety gear on a motorcycle is like a seat belt in a car. The one's that care will wear it, the one's that don't, wont. That's how it should be. It's not like wearing a seat belt makes the car any less dangerous to anybody else on the road. I think even elementary school kids can explain the importance of safety gear. Do we honestly need laws to make people wear it?
The apparent answer is "yes". However, with a Motorcycle the danger to others is minimal to nonexistent. Ergo; laws forcing someone to wear a helmet and/or jacket and gloves, long pants, boots, et. al. - are completely Stupid. Like KPaul Kook Stupid. But it seems, so is the average moto-jockey.
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote