Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News

Old 09-14-2009, 05:05 AM   #21
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by newagetwotone View Post
Btw guy, i wasn't JUST talking about people here, look up the info on this and the new VFR and lots of people are out there saying how its horrible cause "REAL BIKERS WOULD NEVER TOLERATE THIS CRAP!!!" *pounds chest* or "anything auto should never have left scooters"

Idk i just dont understand the attitudes of some people about change, don't we want MORE people riding bikes? its like the music i listen to most of the time when a ska or punk band gets big their "Selling out" dont we want the bands we like to do well , yea but if they get a big record deal screw them. WTF kind of attitude is that?
More riders is a two edged sword. It gives us more political clout to resist fascist legislation. But it also makes for thousands more over-compensating idiots whacking themselves and installing race muzzies and open drag pipes.

I'm all for change. I just let others do the beta testing.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-14-2009, 05:40 AM   #22
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"Idk i just dont understand the attitudes of some people about change, don't we want MORE people riding bikes? "

I don't. Why do we necessarily need more? Why is that better? More clout? If you keep it small, you don't need clout because you stay under the radar. More people = more deaths = more legislation = less fun. I really don't care how many people ride. I just want the Gov to act like I don't exist before they try to 'fix' everything.
Old 09-14-2009, 06:14 AM   #23
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
"Idk i just dont understand the attitudes of some people about change, don't we want MORE people riding bikes? "

I don't. Why do we necessarily need more? Why is that better? More clout? If you keep it small, you don't need clout because you stay under the radar. More people = more deaths = more legislation = less fun. I really don't care how many people ride. I just want the Gov to act like I don't exist before they try to 'fix' everything.
In the past that was true but I see the govt reaching into every activity now regardless of how small. More voters on our side might be better in spite of their cookie cutter nature.

One could also say that having more riders hasn't resulted many more choices in motorcycles. Sure, there are plenty of bikes to choose from, but mainly if you want cruisers, race replicas, porky tourers and adventure tourers.

You can't swing a dead cat here in summer without hitting a Big Twin Harley. All dressed identically. I think sarnali2 is the only Harley rider in the world who doesn't ride all summer long in black leather.
Old 09-14-2009, 06:18 AM   #24
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by newagetwotone View Post
its like the music i listen to most of the time when a ska or punk band gets big their "Selling out" dont we want the bands we like to do well , yea but if they get a big record deal screw them. WTF kind of attitude is that?
I take it you've never compared early Journey to that wretched later Steve Perry dog-humping Journey. Or early CTA to that ballady sugary later Chicago crapfest. Or REO Speedwagon. Or Rod Stewart. Or Santana after Abraxas. Or or or or......

The beat goes on.

Last edited by seruzawa : 09-14-2009 at 06:21 AM.
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 07:09 AM   #25
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
In the past that was true but I see the govt reaching into every activity now regardless of how small. More voters on our side might be better in spite of their cookie cutter nature.

One could also say that having more riders hasn't resulted many more choices in motorcycles. Sure, there are plenty of bikes to choose from, but mainly if you want cruisers, race replicas, porky tourers and adventure tourers.

You can't swing a dead cat here in summer without hitting a Big Twin Harley. All dressed identically. I think sarnali2 is the only Harley rider in the world who doesn't ride all summer long in black leather.
I wear shorts, flips flops and an Arai helmet sitting on top of my head.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 07:11 AM   #26
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
I take it you've never compared early Journey to that wretched later Steve Perry dog-humping Journey. Or early CTA to that ballady sugary later Chicago crapfest. Or REO Speedwagon. Or Rod Stewart. Or Santana after Abraxas. Or or or or......

The beat goes on.
I just saw the new Filipino singer Journey. Don stof beleebin!

I just saw ACDC too. Still crazy after all these years. Totally kicked a$$!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 07:18 AM   #27
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
I wear shorts, flips flops and an Arai helmet sitting on top of my head.
Yeah, but you don't have a Harley. Heh heh.
Old 09-14-2009, 09:40 AM   #28
newagetwotone
Registered Member

Yea your just a snooty BMW rider :-p

I really hate seeing people not geared properly, mattering on how stupid they are it either makes me face palm or want to just ***** them out. i mean really, the helmet is right there on your passenger seat... PUT IT ON! or the ones that ride around WITH the helmet on and nothing but flip flops, shorts and wife beaters......yea that helmets going to do so good when you skid 200 feet and rip every peice of skin off your body.

Damn kids and there music.... gargle mumble
newagetwotone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 09:47 AM   #29
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"I really hate seeing people not geared properly,..."

It doesn't matter to me, and shouldn't matter to you, what gear they wear, or don't wear. That's called freedom. Lots of people hate freedom these days because it scares the shyt out of them, and doesn't conform to their personal beliefs. As long as they aren't hurting anyone else with what they do, why get worked up about it?
Old 09-14-2009, 09:53 AM   #30
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
The beat goes on.
No, it doesn't. Not for everyone.
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote