Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-news/)
-   -   First 2010 H-D model sold (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-news/12897-first-2010-h-d-model-sold.html)

Buzglyd 08-20-2009 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12er (Post 222178)
It fit the nice couple sitting next to me at Miller during our Saturday Thunder storm.

So you basically wear a 4 man tent with a couple of arm holes punched in it?

12er 08-20-2009 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzglyd (Post 222179)
So you basically wear a 4 man tent with a couple of arm holes punched in it?

I have an old leather trench coat that people wonder how many cows went into making it, great stadium jacket (especially here in SF). Though I'd like to see the "4 Men" used in sizing tents, are they Greek?

Reminds me of the year motogp returned. I slept on my buddies bike cover after he setup his 2 man tent. We both looked at that thing and said "were good friends, but not that good."

The_AirHawk 08-20-2009 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12er (Post 222180)
I have an old leather trench coat that people wonder how many cows went into making it, great stadium jacket (especially here in SF). Though I'd like to see the "4 Men" used in sizing tents, are they Greek?

Reminds me of the year motogp returned. I slept on my buddies bike cover after he setup his 2 man tent. We both looked at that thing and said "were good friends, but not that good."

"You're ridin' Bytche, Yo............."

kelding88 08-22-2009 09:36 PM

My 2010 Wide Glide

Quote:

Originally Posted by administrator (Post 222058)
Original Article:
<a href="http://www.motorcycle.com//news/first-2010-hd-model-sold-88668.html">First 2010 H-D model sold</a>

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article First 2010 H-D model sold in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

Congrats on your 2010 harley but I bought my 2010 harley dyna wide glide on the 11 Aug 2009. I don't know where they get their info but it's wrong.I'm in the Navy station in Everett Washington. I love my new harley.

gr8cut 10-06-2009 08:13 PM

I'm not sure where you <motorcycle.com> get your information regarding the 1st person to purchase a new year's model motorcycle, but perhaps you ought to consider this...

On August 1st, 2009 I purchased a 2010 VRSCF V-Rod Muscle in Black Denim from Southampton Harley-Davidson in Southampton, MA. The dealer informed me that they had received it the day before and they had the honor of being the 1st H-D dealer in New England to receive one of these model bikes... and I bought it!

I currently have 4384 miles on this truly awesome machine. The looks, the handling and corning, the power and acceleration... it's simply fantastic. The miles are a result of my riding to many, many H-D dealers and bike shops in the surrounding 100mi area looking for work. I am a motorcycle technician - machinist and was laid off recently due to the winter business slowdown.

The_AirHawk 10-06-2009 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gr8cut (Post 225508)
The dealer informed me that they had received it the day before and they had the honor of being the 1st H-D dealer in New England to receive one of these model bikes... and I bought it!

Sucker!

Ha-Ha!

gr8cut 10-06-2009 10:07 PM

It was the bike, the looks, the color, the test ride, the performance, the power, the acceleration, the handling, the cornering, not the sales person's talk, that made me want to venture into the purchase.

======

In retrospect, it's also the motor that attracted me to this bike. The Revolution engine doesn't have the typical problems or "character" of a typical H-D V-Twin engine. It doesn't rattle the bike apart nor does it feel like it's going to explode when I open her up.

I've had a few H-D's to base my response on too: a 99 Softail 99cu in, a 03 Road King 103cc , a 02 Dyna Low Rider w/cams, and a 94 Heritage Softail Nostalgia stoked. This mix has some rigid and some rubber mounted engines. Also consider that I get to test ride all of the H-D's I work on at the shop.

The Revolution engine has it's own character and it's a wonderful one at that. It responds consistently to my beckon call with power. No waiting, no complaining, just delightful power and acceleration. At 3k, it suggests it's legacy of the typical V-Twin engine with a hint of the feel of the individual firing of each cylinder that is transmitted to the bike through the seat. At the higher revs, it just hums... without vibrating, without making you feel like it will self destruct. At the higher revs, it makes me feel as though the engine is saying, "Ah... Now this is where I belong. This feels so good. I love this..." This H-D/Porsche engine instills in me confidence that it will continue to provide for years and miles to come. The fact that it is water cooled adds to this confidence in that it doesn't over heat and cook the oil when I get into "parade mode" during the many slow moving charity rides that I do, not to mention the backups on the freeway.

Consider also that with the tall gear ratio of the transmission there is less shifting required simplifying the riding experience. While cruising at city traffic speeds, 3rd gear is right in the cruise range of the engine. Considering the 9k red line, on the back roads passing school busses doesn't require the typical shifting that one has to do on any other Harley.

Kenneth_Moore 10-07-2009 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gr8cut (Post 225511)
It was the bike, the looks, the color, the test ride, the performance, the power, the acceleration, the handling, the cornering, not the sales person's talk, that made me want to venture into the purchase.

That's a chunk 'o change to drop on a bike when you're out of work. Unless you've got a trust fund or a rich wife...

gr8cut 10-07-2009 08:04 AM

Nope. I wish though! No rich wife or trust fund... but I had two H-D's that I sold for it, one as a trade and the other on the open market. The cash from the 2nd bike that I put into savings is paying the loan... at least till it runs out... This all happened in more optimistic times before the layoff.

longride 10-07-2009 09:10 AM

Good Luck with your V-Rod man. It is a wonderful motor with a real nice powerband. I found it doesn't like to cruise at the low RPM's like the air-cooled motors, but it does like to rev up nicely, and has real-world power that is fun. My only beefs with the bike was the riding position wasn't ideal for me, and the gas tank was way too small. Other than that, I would love to have a Night Rod Special in the garage.