Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-news/)
-   -   Zero introduces Dual Sport model (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-news/12704-zero-introduces-dual-sport-model.html)

Kenneth_Moore 07-30-2009 02:28 PM

So if you put a Honda generator on a trailer behind it, could you double the range? Probably wouldn't help the speed though. Thank krist it's such a lame-o performer, I was afraid for a minute there I'd have to buy a new bike just to prove LR wrong.

longride 07-30-2009 02:31 PM

"I was afraid for a minute there I'd have to buy a new bike just to prove LR wrong."

That would be the only reason for you to ever buy one.

Kenneth_Moore 07-30-2009 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 220365)
"I was afraid for a minute there I'd have to buy a new bike just to prove LR wrong."

That would be the only reason for you to ever buy one.

You did catch the part that I'd only buy a Ducati electric bike, right???

longride 07-30-2009 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 220369)
You did catch the part that I'd only buy a Ducati electric bike, right???

Good call. It should save you from buying some crappy electric junk for the rest of your life.

trenttheuncatchable 07-30-2009 08:25 PM

An electric bike should have a fairing made out of solar cells ...

robret 08-03-2009 04:25 AM

i heard that the battery in this bike will be able to be upgraded as the technology evolves.
you won't want one until you get passed by one

seruzawa 08-03-2009 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robret (Post 220698)
i heard that the battery in this bike will be able to be upgraded as the technology evolves.
you won't want one until you get passed by one

Right. All anyone has to do is ride another 30 miles and you get to pass it again... permanenetly.

robret 08-03-2009 08:40 AM

Right. All anyone has to do is ride another 30 miles and you get to pass it again... permanenetly.
the problem with this kind of logic is it keeps repeating itself expecting different results.
i refer to the horse and the motorised carriage.... permanently

SmokeU 08-03-2009 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robret (Post 220718)
the problem with this kind of logic is it keeps repeating itself expecting different results.

How's an electric bike with a range of 50 miles MAX ever going to keep up to a gasoline bike?

seruzawa 08-03-2009 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robret (Post 220718)

So, they have electric bikes that go 200 miles and you can recharge them in two minutes?

Until electric bikes approach that ideal they will never be anything except a curiosity.