Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News

Old 07-21-2009, 10:22 AM   #1
Administrator
Administrator

Default Norton to expand distribution network

Original Article:
Norton to expand distribution network

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article Norton to expand distribution network in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.
Administrator is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-21-2009, 10:50 AM   #2
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Kirk, I think I just found that business you've been looking for!
Old 07-21-2009, 11:14 AM   #3
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
Kirk, I think I just found that business you've been looking for!
Yeah, how to go broke in one easy lesson!
Old 07-21-2009, 11:23 AM   #4
Neal
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by administrator View Post
Original Article:
Norton to expand distribution network

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article Norton to expand distribution network in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.
Appears to be a nice bike and one I wouldnt mind having. However it likely will share niche with XR1200 and from what i have heard the price of the Norton will be significantly higher and performance at the same level (at best). i dont think it will be a big seller but im sure there are some britophiles who will spring for it. Hope enuff to keep it alive.i think if they keep the price reasonable it will do better than indian.
Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 11:28 AM   #5
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

".i think if they keep the price reasonable it will do better than indian."

Boy, there is a lofty goal! Think they could do worse than Indian??
Old 07-21-2009, 11:32 AM   #6
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal View Post
Appears to be a nice bike and one I wouldnt mind having. However it likely will share niche with XR1200 and from what i have heard the price of the Norton will be significantly higher and performance at the same level (at best). i dont think it will be a big seller but im sure there are some britophiles who will spring for it. Hope enuff to keep it alive.i think if they keep the price reasonable it will do better than indian.
From the looks of it it'll probably weigh 150lbs less than the XR1200. That'd give it a serious leg-up regardless of any hp difference.
Old 07-21-2009, 11:50 AM   #7
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
From the looks of it it'll probably weigh 150lbs less than the XR1200. That'd give it a serious leg-up regardless of any hp difference.
The XR is a stunning bike visually, but the performance was all Sportster. I've ridden hopped up 883's that would blow the XR into the weeds. This new Norton is a gorgeous bike, but a horizontal twin isn't going to light up any racetracks in this millenium.

LR: I was watching Hot Bikes on HD Theater last night. They had a segment on New Improved Indian Motorcycles. Between the time they filmed and the time the show was dubbed with the voice-over, the company had failed. The show waxed on about these historical bikes, their loyal owners, the dedicated designers, builders, and management of the company. And then: "The Indian Motorcycle company failed recently. Bransome Richard Indian Dude is looking for a new job." I do like the look of those bottle-cap engines though.
Old 07-21-2009, 11:53 AM   #8
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"I do like the look of those bottle-cap engines though."

Get one in a Brass Balls Bobber. Only cost you 20 grand!
Old 07-21-2009, 11:54 AM   #9
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
So you mean that it DOES weigh what the XR SHOULD weigh?
Old 07-21-2009, 12:18 PM   #10
SmokeU
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
The XR is a stunning bike visually, but the performance was all Sportster. I've ridden hopped up 883's that would blow the XR into the weeds. This new Norton is a gorgeous bike, but a horizontal twin isn't going to light up any racetracks in this millenium.

LR: I was watching Hot Bikes on HD Theater last night. They had a segment on New Improved Indian Motorcycles. Between the time they filmed and the time the show was dubbed with the voice-over, the company had failed. The show waxed on about these historical bikes, their loyal owners, the dedicated designers, builders, and management of the company. And then: "The Indian Motorcycle company failed recently. Bransome Richard Indian Dude is looking for a new job." I do like the look of those bottle-cap engines though.

I rode a Scout in 2001. It was the worst "new" motorcycle I've ever ridden. A giant steaming pile of madura. The blinkers would flast randomly, super ultra mega stiff clutch, rough ride, Shadow VLX like power. Just ish. I get the maduras just thinking about it.
SmokeU is offline   Reply With Quote