Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News

Old 07-18-2009, 06:44 AM   #41
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Heres the Press conference:
Soup :: Press Conference Transcript: DMG\AMA's Ollie Dean :: 07-17-2009

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-18-2009, 07:01 AM   #42
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

American Honda's Ray Blank: "Frankly This Could Be Really Fun"
by dean adams
Friday, July 17, 2009
Reaction at most of the OEMs to the news that DMG allowed a clearly illegal Buell 1125RR to be homologated in the American Superbike class has thus far been a stunned silence.

Not at American Honda though. American Honda's Senior Vice President Ray Blank sees opportunity for Honda since DMG is going to allow game-changing, direct to the customer race bikes in American Superbike.

"It is very difficult for me to comment on the AMA/DMG acceptance of the Buell in question as ashamedly it is evident we had an erroneous interpretation of both the rules and the homologation process," Blank said late Friday. "I am excited now for the opportunity to consider "homologation specials" and we will diligently consider the manufacture of a similarly spec'ed Honda racer for the Superbike field as soon as it is economically feasible. This is an exciting new opportunity for all manufacturers and I am ashamed to have missed this chance through our inability to accurately analyze the current rules. Frankly, this could really be fun."

I fear we have awakend a giant,....here comes the CBR1000(RRR?) Muuwho haaaahaaa

Last edited by MOKE1K : 07-18-2009 at 07:04 AM.
MOKE1K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 07:11 AM   #43
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
Roadracing dude whos taking about flat track? As much as you want to make this about Mladin it has really nothing to do with him. Its about jacking around the rule book to your advantage, but then really never making a difference anyway, other than pissing off the sponsors, fans, teams, and riders that are in attendance already.
You asked who goes to AMA racing events. I do. Mladin IS the main reason for the AMA suckhole racing. They needed to kick him out years ago. They didn't. They suffered. I agree with you MOKE. They should leave everything as it is so then the entire series goes under from lack of attendence. Then they can start over from scratch instead of fixing a colossal mess of a series with a complete asshat as the icon of the series.
Old 07-18-2009, 07:21 AM   #44
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

LR- In the beginning of this year Mr. Mladin and the entire team had to run 2008 models because there wasnt enough sold yet in 09. Wtf is that rule for, when Buell can just come in and release a bike mid season?

And on the Mlandin tip, I agree he should have been long gone, Iam enjoying seeing him have a harder time. Great seeing him have to work form 6th for the win. Only thing is, its making him stronger? Ug!
Old 07-18-2009, 07:33 AM   #45
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
LR- In the beginning of this year Mr. Mladin and the entire team had to run 2008 models because there wasnt enough sold yet in 09. Wtf is that rule for, when Buell can just come in and release a bike mid season?

And on the Mlandin tip, I agree he should have been long gone, Iam enjoying seeing him have a harder time. Great seeing him have to work form 6th for the win. Only thing is, its making him stronger? Ug!
I don't think anyone is arguing that the Buell is within the rules. However, we're talking about injecting life into a dying series. Maybe the Buell works out the kinks the remainder of this season and runs a full series next year.

I've been to several Superbike races and I can tell you this: squids talk a big game but they don't show up.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 08:43 AM   #46
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

I don't think anyone is arguing that the Buell is within the rules.

However, we're talking about injecting life into a dying series. Maybe the Buell works out the kinks the remainder of this season and runs a full series next year.

Ah,...what? They are "not" within the rules by not following the Homologation process? I think thats what the whole argument is? Hello?
From all of this stupid controversy and rule breaking, its making the exsisting life of the series more extinct? And let me remind you squids ride all kinds of motorcycles.
Old 07-18-2009, 08:46 AM   #47
MOKE1K
Registered Member

This is just going to make the Japanese manufactures go out and make their own Spec bikes, then Harley will be even that much further behind. Bottom line is they cant compete no matter what advantage you give harley. They need to go back to running their own class like they did with the twins.
Old 07-18-2009, 08:47 AM   #48
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
I don't think anyone is arguing that the Buell is within the rules.

However, we're talking about injecting life into a dying series. Maybe the Buell works out the kinks the remainder of this season and runs a full series next year.

Ah,...what? They are "not" within the rules by not following the Homologation process? I think thats what the whole argument is? Hello?
From all of this stupid controversy and rule breaking, its making the exsisting life of the series more extinct? And let me remind you squids ride all kinds of motorcycles.
The series is already extinct. Take a look at the stands the next time you watch a race on TV.

And what the hell are you doing up so damn early? Aren't you in Hawaii?
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 09:10 AM   #49
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
The series is already extinct. Take a look at the stands the next time you watch a race on TV.

And what the hell are you doing up so damn early? Aren't you in Hawaii?
Hehehe no way brah, Tampa Florida. And its hotter than a beotch! Besides the lack of spectors now, after this it "will" be exstinct.
Old 07-18-2009, 09:13 AM   #50
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Time will Tell. Time will Tell.
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote