Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News

Old 07-17-2009, 04:24 PM   #31
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Eh. Anything that pysses-off Mladin and the Japanese is OK with me.
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-17-2009, 08:43 PM   #32
newagetwotone
Registered Member

Mladins an ******* or something?
newagetwotone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 09:24 PM   #33
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
Eh. Anything that pysses-off Mladin and the Japanese is OK with me.
People arent in an uproar because its going to effect them, their in an uproar because they cheat in such a major way but never have an effect on the championship anyway? Its a Joke. You must have discounted all the history the Japanese Manufactures have brought to the U.S and its riders Huh?
Old 07-17-2009, 09:41 PM   #34
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
People arent in an uproar because its going to effect them, their in an uproar because they cheat in such a major way but never have an effect on the championship anyway? Its a Joke. You must have discounted all the history the Japanese Manufactures have brought to the U.S and its riders Huh?
Um Moke, apparently you haven't noticed that there are more parking lot attendants than fans at Superbike races these days. All that great history still can't get squids to buy a ticket.

The most important things in racing are:

Attract sponsors
Attract fans
Attract sponsors

Getting privateers in on an American product just might stir some interest. Watching Mladin beat up on everyone is boring as hell.

Since squids won't spend a dime, those Harley guys are going to have to keep the series from going under.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 10:26 PM   #35
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
Um Moke, apparently you haven't noticed that there are more parking lot attendants than fans at Superbike races these days. All that great history still can't get squids to buy a ticket.

Attract sponsors
Attract fans
Attract sponsors

Getting privateers in on an American product just might stir some interest. Watching Mladin beat up on everyone is boring as hell.

Since squids won't spend a dime, those Harley guys are going to have to keep the series from going under.
Are these the same Harley guys that go across the street and finance a 25,000.00 motorcycle that cant pay the note now and are driving Harley finance division in the gutter? You must be kidding, most of those letters are from racers and/or spectators, spectators that will not bother to attend anymore? Read them? Which as you stated could really make the place a gost town.More than it already is, thats the point.

Allowing the new bike mid year even hurts the American product privateers, who can afford that mid year? As a racer? Ill planned imo. But I guess if "ya all want it too be like Nascar", so be it? hopefully we dont hear you complain about the attendance record at that point?

This isnt about Mladin, but I agree it is about attracting sponsers and fans so far they are batting a1000. Wait until no riders show up next year and take a pay cut to go to another series like wsbk.
Maybe then it'll be good? You just wont know anyones name? And they will all be 16-19yrs of age.
Just like the usgpr.

Last edited by MOKE1K : 07-17-2009 at 10:30 PM.
MOKE1K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 06:11 AM   #36
newagetwotone
Registered Member

I call bullsh*t. i bet you most of those letters are from squids who have never seen a race and are just pissy that their favorite bike or company might not win so they cant brag to the squidy squid friends about it.
newagetwotone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 07:14 AM   #37
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by newagetwotone View Post
I call bullsh*t. i bet you most of those letters are from squids who have never seen a race and are just pissy that their favorite bike or company might not win so they cant brag to the squidy squid friends about it.
Instead of calling BS why dont you use that keyboard in front of you and start looking around. How many AMA races have you attended lately. Bottom line is its a joke.
Old 07-18-2009, 07:26 AM   #38
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"How many AMA races have you attended lately."

I attend every flattrack race in my area. Usually 4 to 5 a year. AMA Road Races? None.

"Bottom line is its a joke."

Yes it is. Their big 'star' Mat Mladin really helps things by lapping the field every race and then after the race is over, he complains how much the track sucks and all the other racers suck. Great PR man they have there. Really makes me want to attend! Until they get rid of Mladin and make the racing more even, I will never attend even one race. Ever.
Old 07-18-2009, 07:31 AM   #39
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post

Attract sponsors
Attract fans
Attract sponsors

Anybody remember AMA Drag Racing? They did the same thing. They changed the rules to get Harley involved and saved the series. The All-Harley drags had 10,000 people at their events, while the AMA series had about 100. The AMA saw that and did what they had to do to get the Harleys running on thier tracks. Everybody complained, but nobody could argue with the results.
Old 07-18-2009, 07:44 AM   #40
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
"How many AMA races have you attended lately."

I attend every flattrack race in my area. Usually 4 to 5 a year. AMA Road Races? None.

"Bottom line is its a joke."

Yes it is. Their big 'star' Mat Mladin really helps things by lapping the field every race and then after the race is over, he complains how much the track sucks and all the other racers suck. Great PR man they have there. Really makes me want to attend! Until they get rid of Mladin and make the racing more even, I will never attend even one race. Ever.
Roadracing dude whos taking about flat track? As much as you want to make this about Mladin it has really nothing to do with him. Its about jacking around the rule book to your advantage, but then really never making a difference anyway, other than pissing off the sponsors, fans, teams, and riders that are in attendance already.