Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News

Old 07-16-2009, 01:28 PM   #21
SmokeU
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
HELL YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I saw it on TV a few years ago but have been unable to acquire a copy for myself. I'm saddened by that fact.
SmokeU is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-17-2009, 06:23 AM   #22
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
Maybe they could put limits on what everyone can spend for a season. We'll see how Suzuki and Mladin like that.
Isnt that why the DMG is involved?
Old 07-17-2009, 09:09 AM   #23
acecycleins
Founding Member

Well, I started the season backing the DMG model. Months later I believe that our top 10 riders will not return to Pro Racing next season. They will take significant pay cuts and race in WSB, WSS, ASB and other series.
DMG made a major mistake with this. What they should have done is tell Buell that they would allow the RR if the following would happen first:
1- The bike must be sold with "street" plastics.
2- Must be DOT compliant
3- Must be EPA compliant
4- Must be available to the public (like the 1098/1198R)
In short, you can sell a bike that can be transformed with minimal effort to track use, but it must be " a street" bike available from dealers. If that would have happened the price of the bike would still be less than $50k. You sell the bike with all the bolt on parts and ECU updates for the tracks as part of the package. But DMG look like asses for playing favorites. Way to go guys. One step closer to club racing.
Old 07-17-2009, 09:11 AM   #24
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by acecycleins View Post
Well, I started the season backing the DMG model. Months later I believe that our top 10 riders will not return to Pro Racing next season. They will take significant pay cuts and race in WSB, WSS, ASB and other series.
DMG made a major mistake with this. What they should have done is tell Buell that they would allow the RR if the following would happen first:
1- The bike must be sold with "street" plastics.
2- Must be DOT compliant
3- Must be EPA compliant
4- Must be available to the public (like the 1098/1198R)
In short, you can sell a bike that can be transformed with minimal effort to track use, but it must be " a street" bike available from dealers. If that would have happened the price of the bike would still be less than $50k. You sell the bike with all the bolt on parts and ECU updates for the tracks as part of the package. But DMG look like asses for playing favorites. Way to go guys. One step closer to club racing.
Like playing favorites is anything new.
Old 07-17-2009, 09:51 AM   #25
Buzglyd
Founding Member

I don't attend AMA races anymore and I've even quit watching them on TV.

AMA roadracing is just a total joke.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 12:12 PM   #26
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool A difference of opinions....

Soup Readers Share Opinions On Buell 1125RR In Superbike # 1
by staff
Friday, July 17, 2009
Yesterday we asked our readers for their opinion on the most recent Daytona Motorsports Group saga regarding the inclusion of the Buell 1125RR in the Superbike class although it seems to be a polar opposite of the American Superbike rules as furnished to the other teams.

We received over 2500 responses to our request and this is the first of many pages we will publish with your opinions.

These were published as they came in and were not in any way formatted to push one reader viewpoint over another.

I have lost interest after many years of enjoying motorcycle racing. Might as well watch Nascar, at least it can be seen live. Not sure what I'll use to take the place of the the time and money spent going to races.

Thanks

Greg Grace

Of all the ridiculous, sad turns that the AMA "NASBIKE" series has
endured lately this should not be a surprise.

I fear that next year the homologation copy of the '10 GSX-R 1000 that
DMG obtains will be missing a plug wire. Hence all Gixxers will need
to be run with 3 plug wires (you know - to be the same as the street
version).

It's only fair.

Alex Kelly
Cumberland, MD

When are all of the racing series in this country going to stop making special rules for American companies. First we had to have the Buell 1125R jammed down our throats in Daytona Sportbike. Now, the idiots at DMG have decided that a non-street legal bike is allowed to race in a class where the rulebook clearly states that the bike has to be a street production based motorcycle. Erik Buell needs to pull his head out of his ass and figure out a way to build a bike that is not a turd, and one that can compete in racing without having special rules made for him. This is getting out of hand and ridiculous. At least last year, you knew the Yoshimura cheaters were going to win, but there was no drama involved. I just skipped those races and watched Supersport and Formula Extreme instead. Go home Buell, until you can build a decent bike!!!!!!

Casey Thaler

It seems Buell has developed a brand new "Superbike" (which just happens to have the same displacement as the bike competing with 600's in "Sportbike") to compete in the American Superbike Championship. That in and of itself is no earth shattering bombshell. However, the fact that CFG has approved a "Race Only" (not street legal) model, mid season (after the required homologation/availability deadline) for competition is yet another example of their disregard for their own rules and their blatant bias toward Buell. Our national series is a joke and the sanctioning body is a bunch of spineless morons.

I have been a racing fan all of my life. I've never seen anything like this.

Its no secret that I am not a fan of Buell, but I'm not mad at Buell. If they want to bring a superbike to the party, great, the more the merrier.

But think about this: CFG made Suzuki wait to race their '09 STREETBIKE because there weren't enough of them available on show room floors for sale to the PUBLIC. Now they are going to allow a never before seen RACE ONLY bike that's available to LICENSED RACERS ONLY to jump in mid season?! (after the deadline) Now I understand there is no reallistic chance of a self sponsored one rider team to challenge for a win but that's not the point. What do you say to a guy who's possibly spent untold sums of money traveling and competing in this series this year on a bike that had to...wait for it....comply with the RULES!!!!! What do you tell that guy? That this is in the spirit of competition and an effort to make racing more affordable? Seriously, the CFG has absolutely no integrity and has lost all credibility as a professional racing organization.

I'm almost afraid to ask this but: What next?

Note: CFG or (Cluster F#@K Group is how I disdainfully refer to the DMG) Feel free to adopt this.

Michael Perez
Las Vegas, NV

This is without a doubt the dumbest, most unfair thing that has happened in AMA roadracing in a long time. The next thing will be yellow flags thrown to bunch up the field because of "debris on the track", like they do in NASCRAP. Dumb it down so Jethro and Jed will watch those "Amur-ican" bikes beat those "Japs"!

James Hannon

Ironton, Ohio

Not only does it make Harley look ridiculous ,racing a bike twice the displacement as the competition, but it interferes with factories and riders that are serious about competition. I have ,however, saved a small fortune in tickets ,gas, hotels and souvenirs since the takeover of these nuts.

Sammy Stetler
Decatur. Alabama

Anything that may have a prayer of providing a consistent challenge to the GSXRs that have been dominating the US Superbike scene over the last few years would be, in my opinion, a nice change of pace. That said, there has to be some integrity to the rulebook and the other entrants in the class. Maybe if it rains and half the grid protests the event and sits out we may see one of these 1125RRs win a superbike race....I crack myself up sometimes.

James Reynolds
Austin TX
Old 07-17-2009, 12:21 PM   #27
newagetwotone
Registered Member

Sounds like a bunch of dip****s
newagetwotone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 12:23 PM   #28
seruzawa
The Toad

So they received 2500 opinions and printed the handful that agreed with them. So what?
Old 07-17-2009, 02:21 PM   #29
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
So they received 2500 opinions and printed the handful that agreed with them. So what?
This is the popular opinions, just because you dont agree with it,...So what!
Old 07-17-2009, 03:35 PM   #30
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool And If Those Were Not Enough

Soup :: More Opinions On The Buell 1125RR # 2 :: 07-17-2009