Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-news/)
-   -   Buell 1125RR in AMA American Superbike (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-news/12544-buell-1125rr-ama-american-superbike.html)

Buzglyd 07-16-2009 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOKE1K (Post 218856)
As is becoming characteristic with Buell they just can't bear to merely bring a gun to a gunfight, it's always gotta be a Gatling gun (of their own design) to a fist-fight.

TYPICAL!

Maybe they could put limits on what everyone can spend for a season. We'll see how Suzuki and Mladin like that.

The_AirHawk 07-16-2009 08:01 AM

I think they should dig up Soichiro, shock him back to life, put him in the ring with Erik Buell and Kawasaki (that guy that's the president of Suzuki), and they can then have Nerd Slappy-fights 'til the Winner is announced.........

Kevin_Duke 07-16-2009 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOKE1K (Post 218856)
As is becoming characteristic with Buell they just can't bear to merely bring a gun to a gunfight, it's always gotta be a Gatling gun (of their own design) to a fist-fight.

TYPICAL!

Hardly a gatling gun. More of a modestly hot-rodded streetbike that will be short a couple-dozen ponies to its competitors and won't be a risk for podium finishes.

That said, I have greater sympathy for those who have an issue with the bike's homologation process. But, still, this "new" bike is really a two-year-old streetbike with some motor work and a chain-drive conversion. I'm glad to have Buell in the class, and I look forward to a more capable 1200cc production bike that must surely be in the works.

Kenneth_Moore 07-16-2009 09:08 AM

For chrissakes, it's:

AMA (American Motorcyclist Association) Pro Racing American Superbike class.

It's not the Axis Superbike class now is it? The Japanese ought to be grateful we're lettin race anything at all. Not to mention the Italians.

MOKE1K 07-16-2009 10:59 AM

Take The Poll,...

seruzawa 07-16-2009 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOKE1K (Post 218927)

Wow! You guys are really scared of buell aren't you.

Funny, I don't remember all this handwringing when Suzuki and Mladin got caught redhanded cheating.

SmokeU 07-16-2009 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOKE1K (Post 218927)

Silver Dream Racer kicks A$$!!!

MOKE1K 07-16-2009 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 218940)
Wow! You guys are really scared of buell aren't you.

Funny, I don't remember all this handwringing when Suzuki and Mladin got caught redhanded cheating.

Yeah where all shaking in our boots. I dont mind Harley competing but they have always changed the rules just to be an underdog. My problem stems from them (Harley) not taking the chip off their shoulder and just building something thats competitive. Building it themselves not hiring the job out to someone else. Its not like they dont have the resorces and money,...well maybe not now?

MOKE1K 07-16-2009 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokeU (Post 218942)
Silver Dream Racer kicks A$$!!!

HELL YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MOKE1K 07-16-2009 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin_Duke (Post 218909)
That said, I have greater sympathy for those who have an issue with the bike's homologation process.

Exactly my point.