Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News

Old 06-03-2009, 09:40 AM   #1
Administrator
Administrator

Default Calif. smog-testing proposal withdrawn

Original Article:
Calif. smog-testing proposal withdrawn

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article Calif. smog-testing proposal withdrawn in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.
Administrator is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-03-2009, 10:23 AM   #2
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Why don't these clowns simply enforce the laws already on the books? It's already a federal violation to remove or tamper with any intake or exhaust componant that would cause the bike to excede federal emission standards and noise limits of 80dba.

Instead of costing an already bankrupt state more money writting up duplicate laws, just start popping everyone with a motorcycle or car that's not bone stock. I'm sure they'll make up that $28 billion deficit in no time flat.....

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 10:31 AM   #3
12er
Founding Member

Sarnali, thank God your in Seattle, you are way too smart for CA.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 06:07 PM   #4
cloud9
Registered Member

Well sarnali if they did that you would'nt see a sportbike nor a harley on the road. Just the good ol put put scooters.
cloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 06:53 AM   #5
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Just think, the OEM's would make a fortune selling stock exhaust cans back to people who tossed theirs, the state would make a fortune tickiting everyone left right and center and the snots in their beachside communities wouldn't have an excuse to ban bikes from their main streets.......

The only sound you'd hear would be seagulls and ravens squacking as they got beaned by wind farm turbine blades...

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 07:04 AM   #6
seruzawa
The Toad

Ha! Too many Calif congresscritters themselves own Harleys with straight pipes. LOL! Same reason the EPA's attempts to ban old cars never fly. Too many reps own '57 Chevys.

Get some more women in the legislature and this will pass in a heartbeat.

It'll become illegal to leave the toilet seat up too! You guys don't realize how close we are to a complete rearrangement of society. Just get 218 women in Congress and 51 in the Senate and see if I'm not right. Spike TV will be cancelled and govt subsidies will be increased for Lifetime! No more Ultimate Fighting... just hours of Whoopi Goldberg. Shudder!

Last edited by seruzawa : 06-04-2009 at 07:08 AM.
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote