Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-news/)
-   -   Rolling Thunder meets with Obama (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-news/12055-rolling-thunder-meets-obama.html)

Administrator 05-28-2009 12:54 PM

Rolling Thunder meets with Obama

Original Article:
Rolling Thunder meets with Obama

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article Rolling Thunder meets with Obama in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

longride 05-28-2009 01:13 PM

“Unfortunately, decades after the wars have ended, we still have thousands of service personnel unaccounted for in Russia, Korea, China, Vietnam, Cambodia, and Laos. And we still have a young man – Ahmad Altaie – missing from Operation Iraqi Freedom,” Muller added. “It’s as important today as it was 22 years ago when we started our Memorial Day demonstration. We cannot let people forget that there are families who still wait for the return of their loved ones. We appreciate President Obama’s willingness to listen to our message.”

He forgot we still have MIA's from WWII. I guess those guys have been forgotten about, but my uncle was one, and I didn't forget. He was MIA in the D-Day invasion. He was never found and they only recently put a grave marker up in his honor.

seruzawa 05-28-2009 01:19 PM

I wonder if the new compassion crew will reinstate all those guys who lost their benefits thanx to W, like Matt.

mscuddy 05-28-2009 02:06 PM

No, I still have my benefits, except I can't have any money, a home, a car, and be living in the Midnight Mission before they'd even CONSIDER to let me in a VA hospital.

And that ain't gonna happen any time soon.

Kenneth_Moore 05-28-2009 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mscuddy (Post 214860)
No, I still have my benefits, except I can't have any money, a home, a car, and be living in the Midnight Mission before they'd even CONSIDER to let me in a VA hospital.

It's a crime how we treat our vets. I'd like to see mandatory service in the Armed Forces for EVERYONE...with a possible alternative for true CO's like the Amish.

seruzawa 05-28-2009 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mscuddy (Post 214860)

You mean we still get our free flag and free burial? Or do we have to be impoverished to get that too? I told my wife to stick me in the ground near my Dad at the Westwood National Cemetery. That way both Sgt and PO3 S****e can hoist some beers together and watch the chickies on their way to UCLA.

pplassm 05-29-2009 04:52 AM

What? No vest for Obama?

seruzawa 05-29-2009 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pplassm (Post 214921)
What? No vest for Obama?

At first someone at the WH told Rolling Thunder the Pres wasn't interested in meeting. Some idiot lower functionary I'd bet. But apparently someone finally twigged on what a PR nightmare that would have been.

Kenneth_Moore 05-29-2009 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 214868)
You mean we still get our free flag and free burial? Or do we have to be impoverished to get that too?

My Dad didn't; he was a WWII/Korea vet. They sent an Honor Guard (very moving) but no help on the 'spenses.

The_AirHawk 05-29-2009 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 214943)
My Dad didn't; he was a WWII/Korea vet. They sent an Honor Guard (very moving) but no help on the 'spenses.

Same here. I'd seen the Flag Ceremony before, and was moved by it. Never thought I'd be the receiver of one of those flags.

Still hurts a bit, man.