Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News

Old 04-11-2009, 12:41 PM   #11
BYURIder
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Morgan Freeman made an interesting comment when an interviewer asked him what it would take to end racism. He said, "We need to stop talking about it." Continuously bringing it up doesn't help any more. There are lots of laws to address it and, frankly, the issue is kept alive for political reasons. IMHO the black "leadership" now acts to keep the inner cities as they are to ensure a permanent voting block. If blacks get good educations and moved out of the inner cities then Jackson and Sharpton would have no power base.

As far as Hispanics go they aren't even an actual different race as opposed to Caucasians since Spain is a European nation! It a fraud invented for political reasons again. They haven't been suppressed any heavier than the Irish or Italians were at one time. They aren't even really much of a minority any more and in many parts of the US are the majority.

Stop generalizing about race and handle the bias incidents that occur as individual events. Stop blaming and stereotyping.

I can give plenty of incidents where I was discriminated against because I'm white or I ride a motorcycle or I don't listen to country music or.... well, no one has it easy. You gotta take responsibility for your own life because you are the only one who is going to solve your problems.
With all due respect I have to disagree. I think the confusion is natural over Hispanic origin because this group speaks Spanish. However, strictly speaking "Hispanics" are usually from Latin America or more predominately from Mexico This people are not just of Spanish descent but are the product of the indigenous people of South, Central America and the Spanish. I know because I am Hispanic.

Last edited by BYURIder : 04-11-2009 at 10:34 PM.
BYURIder is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-11-2009, 08:19 PM   #12
pplassm
Founding Member

Last I heard from science guys, their is no "race", just different physical characteristics.

That means I not a Mongoloid anymore, just some dude with yellow skin and epicanthic eyefolds.
Old 04-11-2009, 10:35 PM   #13
BYURIder
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pplassm View Post
Last I heard from science guys, their is no "race", just different physical characteristics.

That means I not a Mongoloid anymore, just some dude with yellow skin and epicanthic eyefolds.
Agreed I stand corrected
BYURIder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 07:47 AM   #14
MOKE1K
Registered Member

I think its fine that Harley Davidson recognizes this certain Hispanic group although its main reason Iam sure is from a sales perspective, and being that the Hispanics are the majority now its quite simple to understand why their doing this sort of promotion.

Just wish they wouldn't cop such an attitude when they walk in the shop and no one speaks Spanish? I mean you are in America not Miami!
Old 04-12-2009, 02:06 PM   #15
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
I think its fine that Harley Davidson recognizes this certain Hispanic group although its main reason Iam sure is from a sales perspective, and being that the Hispanics are the majority now its quite simple to understand why their doing this sort of promotion.

Just wish they wouldn't cop such an attitude when they walk in the shop and no one speaks Spanish? I mean you are in America not Miami!
Not the majority here and no, we don't habla.......

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 04:02 PM   #16
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Sus motocicletas de Harley Davidson son inferiores a nuestro Honda excelente 90 copias manufacturadas por Moto Islo según los términos del contrato de licencia de Honda. Usted también hace no provive cualquier carro motorizado del taco, que está triste de hecho. ¡Bebé de Reconquista!
Old 04-13-2009, 07:57 AM   #17
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
Soon to be released: The Vato Glide, part of the new Negro Custom series.

Orale ese!
I have got to start copywriting my stuff...
Old 04-13-2009, 08:48 AM   #18
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscuddy View Post
Sus motocicletas de Harley Davidson son inferiores a nuestro Honda excelente 90 copias manufacturadas por Moto Islo según los términos del contrato de licencia de Honda. Usted también hace no provive cualquier carro motorizado del taco, que está triste de hecho. ¡Bebé de Reconquista!

Yeah, what he said!
Old 04-13-2009, 09:01 AM   #19
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
Yeah, what he said!
No fair. You're wife's helping you translate.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 09:07 AM   #20
pushrod
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscuddy View Post

Dammit!

I keep pressing '2', but I still can't read it!

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote