Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-news/)
-   -   CPSC chair seeks delay on lead ban (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-news/11339-cpsc-chair-seeks-delay-lead-ban.html)

Administrator 04-03-2009 02:08 PM

CPSC chair seeks delay on lead ban

Original Article:
CPSC chair seeks delay on lead ban

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article CPSC chair seeks delay on lead ban in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

seruzawa 04-03-2009 02:43 PM

Wow. A real clear example of the sort fascisti who infest the bureaucracy. They never seem to have trouble with the "wording" of the law when it increases their twisted ideas of power and control.

yellowduc2000 04-04-2009 11:02 AM

The interesting part to me is that the family car is ok. There is 50-60 lbs. of lead and acid that is as "accessible" as most of the relevant parts on an ATV. They were all for enforcing this untill the firestorm started. Idiots!

MOKE1K 04-05-2009 07:13 AM

The OEM's have known for a long time about the lead ban? They new about these implications since last summer when the law was enacted.
The MIC chose to delay its media campain until the CPSC issued proposed rules for exclusions in mid-January.

How long will the dealers and kids (more importantly) have to wait for the Gov. to come up with a solution?What if all these vehicles have to be destroyed, who will pay for that?

Course the government is dealing with alot more pressing problems like bonuses to executives of large insurance companies, and probly dont have alot of time to deal with this.

Malcom Smith on the other hand is all about civil disobedience. In what he dubs a "Kids love 2 ride Protest" in a few days he's going to sell banned vehicles from his inventory to a group of notables that includes Jeff Ward, Jeremy Mcgrath and Troy Lee. He faces up to a $1000,000 for each unit sold, and could face jail time aswell?

Nacy Nord and only one other commissioner vote on all this stuff. The other three seat are vacant,...hummm?

seruzawa 04-05-2009 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOKE1K (Post 209474)
The OEM's have known for a long time about the lead ban? They new about these implications since last summer when the law was enacted.
The MIC chose to delay its media campain until the CPSC issued proposed rules for exclusions in mid-January.

How long will the dealers and kids (more importantly) have to wait for the Gov. to come up with a solution?What if all these vehicles have to be destroyed, who will pay for that?

Course the government is dealing with alot more pressing problems like bonuses to executives of large insurance companies, and probly dont have alot of time to deal with this.

Malcom Smith on the other hand is all about civil disobedience. In what he dubs a "Kids love 2 ride Protest" in a few days he's going to sell banned vehicles from his inventory to a group of notables that includes Jeff Ward, Jeremy Mcgrath and Troy Lee. He faces up to a $1000,000 for each unit sold, and could face jail time aswell?

Nacy Nord and only one other commissioner vote on all this stuff. The other three seat are vacant,...hummm?

Maybe next time you should think about who you vote for. Try to avoid those with histories of enacting lots of regulations.

The_AirHawk 04-05-2009 09:14 AM

The stupididest thing about ALL of this - there is Lead, Mercury, Ammonia, Dioxins, and other toxic metals and chemicals in EVERYFUKINTHING - and all this (well, mebbe except some of the dioxins) occurs Naturally...........

It's like trying to remove ALL of the Oxygen or ALL of the Water from something - just damn-near Im-fukin-possible.

Who will save us from those intent on Saving Us?

MOKE1K 04-05-2009 04:36 PM

Please,...spare me!

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 209483)
Maybe next time you should think about who you vote for. Try to avoid those with histories of enacting lots of regulations.

Dude, I would vote ten times over again and again the same way. Besides I would take this Presidents regultions over the mess Bush and his Daddy got us into ten times over! Mcain would never act like his predecessors, even though he is a rebuplican.

seruzawa 04-05-2009 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOKE1K (Post 209491)
Dude, I would vote ten times over again and again the same way. Besides I would take this Presidents regultions over the mess Bush and his Daddy got us into ten times over! Mcain would never act like his predecessors, even though he is a rebuplican.

Vote for fascism... get fascism. You don't even know what the word means. It describes today's Democrats to a "T".

Stop complaining about it. These regulations exist because of the way people like you vote, looter.

BTW, I'm a libertarian. I don't vote for either of those criminal gangs.

MOKE1K 04-05-2009 06:34 PM

Don't get your panties in a wad, blow hole. Iam not complaining, more like reporting whats going on since Feb 10th MOron. Assuming I even voted at all is a long shot. Besides I doubt your criminal gang's going to be any different then mine? Having every discussion turn political is old. Dont you get tired of it?...I do.

If you have such great ideology instead of wasting your talents on line, why not go for the house senate or something. Iam sure they could use your insight and vast knowledge to secure the countries misguidance with debt and regulations.

The_AirHawk 04-05-2009 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOKE1K (Post 209494)
Don't get your panties in a wad, blow hole. Iam not complaining, more like reporting whats going on since Feb 10th MOron. Assuming I even voted at all is a long shot. Besides I doubt your criminal gang's going to be any different then mine? Having every discussion turn political is old. Dont you get tired of it?...I do.

If you have such great ideology instead of wasting your talents on line, why not go for the house senate or something. Iam sure they could use your insight and vast knowledge to secure the countries misguidance with debt and regulations.

Why not run for Office yourself, Moke? All you have to give up, would be your Soul..........