Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News

Old 03-23-2009, 10:21 AM   #1
Administrator
Administrator

Default AMA Daytona Sportbike Fontana results

Original Article:
AMA Daytona Sportbike Fontana results

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article AMA Daytona Sportbike Fontana results in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.
Administrator is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-23-2009, 11:16 AM   #2
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Well just goes to show you if you give the Harleys that much of cc" advantage, they can actually win. Good job Eslick! Glad to see him doing well.
Old 03-23-2009, 11:36 AM   #3
acecycleins
Founding Member

If he wins in ATL expect weight to be added. On the other side of that win- HACKER! I'm disappointed in your lack of sportsmanship. It was rude and disrespectful. First and foremost, you are a Professional. Act like it.
Old 03-23-2009, 11:59 AM   #4
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
Well just goes to show you if you give the Harleys that much of cc" advantage, they can actually win. Good job Eslick! Glad to see him doing well.

Don't worry. They'll cook the rules to even things out. They usually do.

At least every bike in the series doesn't have the exact same bore and stroke any more. Some of us can actually stay awake now.
Old 03-23-2009, 01:34 PM   #5
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by acecycleins View Post
If he wins in ATL expect weight to be added. On the other side of that win- HACKER! I'm disappointed in your lack of sportsmanship. It was rude and disrespectful. First and foremost, you are a Professional. Act like it.
So, give us the skinny Ace. What was actually said?
Old 03-23-2009, 03:15 PM   #6
acecycleins
Founding Member

It's on OTT. But the offensive language part was actually off tape. The room still had media in it, however. From what a buddy said Hacker had his drawers in a bunch for two days because he knew they were down on speed to the Buell. Like I said, I like the guy, but it rules is rules. Do something dumb and expect fines. Do something really dumb and expect to sit.
Old 03-23-2009, 03:38 PM   #7
mugwump58
Registered Member

I usually get everything wrong and I have nothing to base anything on other than the official AMA release, but... I like firey competitors. I want to thank DMG, my mom, ........ What is going to be done to those who didn't attend the manditory autograph sessions, quartering? Let the sponsors and fans response guide the actions of the racers. Like I said I usually get it wrong. With the great coverage for the race who even knew there was foul language used other than the DMG/AMA. Sure wasn't able to watch it on the net. Ain't got no TV I'll go check out OTT.

Hmmm, can't open OTT. It's a conspiracy I tell ya! Where the aluminum foil?

Last edited by mugwump58 : 03-23-2009 at 03:42 PM.
mugwump58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 04:16 PM   #8
RedRaider
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by acecycleins View Post
It's on OTT. But the offensive language part was actually off tape. The room still had media in it, however. From what a buddy said Hacker had his drawers in a bunch for two days because he knew they were down on speed to the Buell. Like I said, I like the guy, but it rules is rules. Do something dumb and expect fines. Do something really dumb and expect to sit.
Understand but it's a joke racing a 600 against an 1125 V-Twin. The new Buell isn't like the old Buell built engined bikes. The new Buell is much better though a GSXR 750 would probably smoke it. The AMA classes suck this year and Hacking has a great bike that would win SS in prior years. I understand and appreciate his frustration. Hacking is usually a class act but I suspect he hit his limit. Everyone has a limit of crap they can handle. The AMA rules are just stupid.. AMA should follow World Superbike and World Supersport rules. That's what BSB does and works well.

Check out this poll: Soup :: SouperPoll

Last edited by RedRaider : 03-23-2009 at 04:27 PM.
RedRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 05:30 PM   #9
acecycleins
Founding Member

I don't have a problem with the different cc sizes, but if you're going to do it then add weight to the bigger cc bikes. It's the only way to keep parody.
Old 03-23-2009, 08:11 PM   #10
banda
Founding Member

I feel bad for Jamie Hacking. He got that suspension and the fine... and he didn't even get to punch DiSalvo in his whiny little head.

I guess he'll know better next time.
banda is offline   Reply With Quote