Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-news/)
-   -   AMA Daytona Sportbike Fontana results (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-news/11196-ama-daytona-sportbike-fontana-results.html)

Administrator 03-23-2009 10:21 AM

AMA Daytona Sportbike Fontana results

Original Article:
AMA Daytona Sportbike Fontana results

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article AMA Daytona Sportbike Fontana results in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

MOKE1K 03-23-2009 11:16 AM

Well just goes to show you if you give the Harleys that much of cc" advantage, they can actually win. Good job Eslick! Glad to see him doing well.

acecycleins 03-23-2009 11:36 AM

If he wins in ATL expect weight to be added. On the other side of that win- HACKER! I'm disappointed in your lack of sportsmanship. It was rude and disrespectful. First and foremost, you are a Professional. Act like it.

seruzawa 03-23-2009 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOKE1K (Post 208031)
Well just goes to show you if you give the Harleys that much of cc" advantage, they can actually win. Good job Eslick! Glad to see him doing well.

Don't worry. They'll cook the rules to even things out. They usually do.

At least every bike in the series doesn't have the exact same bore and stroke any more. Some of us can actually stay awake now.

MOKE1K 03-23-2009 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acecycleins (Post 208033)
If he wins in ATL expect weight to be added. On the other side of that win- HACKER! I'm disappointed in your lack of sportsmanship. It was rude and disrespectful. First and foremost, you are a Professional. Act like it.

So, give us the skinny Ace. What was actually said?

acecycleins 03-23-2009 03:15 PM

It's on OTT. But the offensive language part was actually off tape. The room still had media in it, however. From what a buddy said Hacker had his drawers in a bunch for two days because he knew they were down on speed to the Buell. Like I said, I like the guy, but it rules is rules. Do something dumb and expect fines. Do something really dumb and expect to sit.

mugwump58 03-23-2009 03:38 PM

I usually get everything wrong and I have nothing to base anything on other than the official AMA release, but... I like firey competitors. I want to thank DMG, my mom, ........ What is going to be done to those who didn't attend the manditory autograph sessions, quartering? Let the sponsors and fans response guide the actions of the racers. Like I said I usually get it wrong. With the great coverage for the race who even knew there was foul language used other than the DMG/AMA. Sure wasn't able to watch it on the net. Ain't got no TV:p I'll go check out OTT.

Hmmm, can't open OTT. It's a conspiracy I tell ya! Where the aluminum foil?

RedRaider 03-23-2009 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acecycleins (Post 208051)
It's on OTT. But the offensive language part was actually off tape. The room still had media in it, however. From what a buddy said Hacker had his drawers in a bunch for two days because he knew they were down on speed to the Buell. Like I said, I like the guy, but it rules is rules. Do something dumb and expect fines. Do something really dumb and expect to sit.

Understand but it's a joke racing a 600 against an 1125 V-Twin. The new Buell isn't like the old Buell built engined bikes. The new Buell is much better though a GSXR 750 would probably smoke it. The AMA classes suck this year and Hacking has a great bike that would win SS in prior years. I understand and appreciate his frustration. Hacking is usually a class act but I suspect he hit his limit. Everyone has a limit of crap they can handle. The AMA rules are just stupid.. AMA should follow World Superbike and World Supersport rules. That's what BSB does and works well.

Check out this poll: Soup :: SouperPoll

acecycleins 03-23-2009 05:30 PM

I don't have a problem with the different cc sizes, but if you're going to do it then add weight to the bigger cc bikes. It's the only way to keep parody.

banda 03-23-2009 08:11 PM

I feel bad for Jamie Hacking. He got that suspension and the fine... and he didn't even get to punch DiSalvo in his whiny little head.

I guess he'll know better next time.