Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News

Old 03-26-2009, 08:55 AM   #41
acecycleins
Founding Member

If torque is winning races then why is it that the 600s stomped the 848 last year in FX. Larry's got the chops and the bike. The top-end straight speed of the 600s was better than that of the 848. Larry finished well, but the 600s had his ticket. The Aprilia is down on speed to the 600s in the current format. I'd imagine that if someone rode the KTM SuperDuke they'd be in the same boat as the Aprilia. I believe that the Buell weighs more than both the Euro brands. Torque equates to drive off corners, yes. But I don't believe that torque wins races. If that were the case then in WSBK the Ducatis would still have a huge advantage. Yet, the Yamahas and Suzukis are running better splits. And Ben has managed to put the Yamaha on the Top box 3 of 4 races.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-26-2009, 09:01 AM   #42
RedRaider
Banned

Check out the Torque numbers of a 1000cc inline 4s vs any V-Twin. The 1000cc inline 4 has good competitive torque numbers and superior top end hp.
But a 600cc machine has inferior torque numbers and only just competitive top end hp vs the huge 1125 V-Twin.
RedRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 09:26 AM   #43
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRaider View Post
Check out the Torque numbers of a 1000cc inline 4s vs any V-Twin. The 1000cc inline 4 has good competitive torque numbers and superior top end hp.
But a 600cc machine has inferior torque numbers and only just competitive top end hp vs the huge 1125 V-Twin.
Well, as you've yet to learn how to ride any of those, your use of "Facts and Data" does not compute.

What about God's Own engine configuration glorified in the V-4? Shouldn't it have Superior Torque, HP, AND light weight in a compact package? I'm curious as to why all of these manufacturers have missed that.
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 09:36 AM   #44
RedRaider
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulben701 View Post
I also think if Eslick was on the Monster kawasaki and Hacking was on the 1125 Buell: Eslick would have been the winner again.
I'll take that bet. Given that Hacking has how many more wins and years of experience?
RedRaider is offline   Reply With Quote