Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2009, 07:00 PM   #31
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

 
longride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Anywhere they let me
Posts: 10,479
Default

"I feel awful for you, that you have no life."

Actually, he has a lot of lives. He makes up a new one almost every day.
__________________
I'm a knucklehead
longride is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-24-2009, 07:23 PM   #32
RedRaider
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 69
Default One word for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
"I feel awful for you, that you have no life."

Actually, he has a lot of lives. He makes up a new one almost every day.
LOL Good point my life is complicated because of that. Last word on the Buell taking on the mighty 600s. Torque. You can't really compare power to weight ratios as say you really need to compare Torque to weight ratios This is where the Buell's torque kills the little inline 4s I am sure a GSXR 750 could smoke the Buell any time anywhere. The Buell is really a bully taking on the little 600s The 600s big brothers 1000s have no problem with the Buell in Superbike
RedRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 05:47 AM   #33
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

 
longride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Anywhere they let me
Posts: 10,479
Default

"Good point my life is complicated because of that."

Maybe if you acted somewhat normal and quit lying all the time, the complication would go away. Just a thought. Not that you could actually do such a thing. I guess negative attention is better than no attention at all, right?
__________________
I'm a knucklehead
longride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 08:01 AM   #34
The_AirHawk
Founding Member
 
The_AirHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Leanin' Tower O' P-P-P-P-POWAAAAAAAAA!!!!
Posts: 11,491
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
I guess negative attention is better than no attention at all, right?
Unless you're in a kennel or prison........
__________________
Parfois, on fait pas semblant
Sometimes, it's not pretend
Oderint Dum Metuant
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 06:53 PM   #35
paulben701
Founding Member
 
paulben701's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3
Default

In the very same race everyone is crying about...an Aprilia RSV1000R ridden by Chaz Davies; Factory Aprilia Millennium Technologies Team, came in 8th with his team mate, Ben Thompson, coming in 37th. Therefore, the rules are fair. I also think if Eslick was on the Monster kawasaki and Hacking was on the 1125 Buell: Eslick would have been the winner again.
paulben701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 08:48 PM   #36
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

 
mscuddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Next to my still checkin the temp.
Posts: 5,449
Default

How about a Boss Hoss in the 125cc class? Or better yet, they run the 600's against Hudson Hornets? Love that twin H power...this is getting silly, who makes up these rules?

I thought racing pitted the same bikes, same displacement, same configuration, but with riders of different skills? I guess after the four strokes fouled everthing with motocross, put open class four strikers in the 250 class, anything goes now.

Does the AMA have the Marx brothers, Groucho, Harpo & whathisface making up these silly classes? Why not run elephants in the Kentucky Derby then, or have stock VW Beatles running along side F1 cars?

You have to excuse me, something is stuck in my colon again, that damn Crsipy Chicken sandwich in Phoenix yesterday, I might as well be choking down shards of glass...
__________________
A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.
mscuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 05:39 AM   #37
MOKE1K
Registered Member
 
MOKE1K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kalapana, Big Island
Posts: 3,994
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulben701 View Post
In the very same race everyone is crying about...an Aprilia RSV1000R ridden by Chaz Davies; Factory Aprilia Millennium Technologies Team, came in 8th with his team mate, Ben Thompson, coming in 37th. Therefore, the rules are fair. I also think if Eslick was on the Monster kawasaki and Hacking was on the 1125 Buell: Eslick would have been the winner again.
I'd deffinatly have to see it with my own eyes to believe that. Werent they racing together in 600 suspersport a few years back when the rules were actually fair? How did both riders fair up then? Besides you have to take out the rider in this compairision for equality, and just look at the numbers. The Tourqe, the Hp, the cc's, all of it. In my opinion they should be racing in a bigger class. If it is determined the Buells have an unfair advantage they will add weight as Ace stated earlier.
__________________
"YOU CAN'T BOLT ON SKILL"
MOKE1K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 08:13 AM   #38
acecycleins
Founding Member
 
acecycleins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: North Georgia
Posts: 4,129
Default Gabe gets answer on the 1125 from AMA

Gabe- I pirated this to prove you are on the AMA case.
Thanks- Kirk

MD: Why is the Buell 1125R given such a large displacement advantage over other models (i.e. Inline-Fours, Triples and other Twins)? How do you respond to criticism that Buell somehow has undue influence over class structure and rules?

OD: The Daytona SportBike class is designed to allow the participation of a variety of two, three and four-cylinder machines of different designs. This eclectic assembly of motorcycles is consistent with the makeup of the class (which ran in past years under the name of Formula Xtreme, which allowed for machines ranging from 550cc four-valve, liquid cooled, four cylinder bikes to 1350cc two-valve, twin cylinder air cooled bikes). Daytona SportBike allows for a similar mix of equipment that is based on weight and performance characteristics that allow for balanced competition among a large and varying range of motorcycle designs.

Dynamometer, top speed, radar and weight testing has been conducted for all of the machines that are approved for competition in Daytona SportBike, and our experience over the first three races in 2009 has confirmed to us that we have been able to provide exciting competition among a diverse assembly of machines on a level playing field. The results from this past weekend have as many as six different brands of motorcycles in the top eight finishing positions

While anyone can criticize the classification of machinery for the Daytona SportBike class, AMA Pro Racing can assure any critics that all manufactures have been consulted during the development of the Daytona SportBike rules for competition and that no manufacturer has tried to exert "undue influence" during the development of these rules. No such action occurred and none would be tolerated.

The Daytona SportBike results speak for themselves. If one looks at the average times of the fastest laps, for the top two finishing machines from each of the brands competing in the event this past weekend at Fontana, the results indicate that the winning brand falls behind at least three other brands in performance.
__________________
"Slack" - a state of being in which everything flows smoothly.....a frame of mind so at ease that the universe naturally cooperates.
acecycleins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 08:31 AM   #39
RedRaider
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 69
Default Buell Propagana Machine At Work: David Topples Goliath as Buell Racer Beats Japan’s B

David Topples Goliath as Buell Racer Beats Japan’s Best
"Summary
In a landmark result, 22-year-old privateer racer Danny Eslick rode his American-made Buell 1125R to twin victories against an onslaught of Japanese motorcycles in AMA Pro Racing’s Daytona SportBike class doubleheader at AutoClub Speedway in Fontana, California. The wins ended a 40-year absence of an American brand motorcycle at the top of the podium in an AMA Pro Racing premiere class. Based in East Troy, Wisconsin, Buell Motorcycle Company employs about 200 people, making it much smaller than its foreign competitors." David Topples Goliath as Buell Racer Beats Japan’s Best - Buell Motorcycles USA - pitchengine.com
RedRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 08:38 AM   #40
RedRaider
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 69
Default Torque considered?

Quote:
Originally Posted by acecycleins View Post
Gabe- I pirated this to prove you are on the AMA case.
Thanks- Kirk

MD: Why is the Buell 1125R given such a large displacement advantage over other models (i.e. Inline-Fours, Triples and other Twins)? How do you respond to criticism that Buell somehow has undue influence over class structure and rules?

OD: The Daytona SportBike class is designed to allow the participation of a variety of two, three and four-cylinder machines of different designs. This eclectic assembly of motorcycles is consistent with the makeup of the class (which ran in past years under the name of Formula Xtreme, which allowed for machines ranging from 550cc four-valve, liquid cooled, four cylinder bikes to 1350cc two-valve, twin cylinder air cooled bikes). Daytona SportBike allows for a similar mix of equipment that is based on weight and performance characteristics that allow for balanced competition among a large and varying range of motorcycle designs.

Dynamometer, top speed, radar and weight testing has been conducted for all of the machines that are approved for competition in Daytona SportBike, and our experience over the first three races in 2009 has confirmed to us that we have been able to provide exciting competition among a diverse assembly of machines on a level playing field. The results from this past weekend have as many as six different brands of motorcycles in the top eight finishing positions

While anyone can criticize the classification of machinery for the Daytona SportBike class, AMA Pro Racing can assure any critics that all manufactures have been consulted during the development of the Daytona SportBike rules for competition and that no manufacturer has tried to exert "undue influence" during the development of these rules. No such action occurred and none would be tolerated.

The Daytona SportBike results speak for themselves. If one looks at the average times of the fastest laps, for the top two finishing machines from each of the brands competing in the event this past weekend at Fontana, the results indicate that the winning brand falls behind at least three other brands in performance.
Right the Japanese are given a grim choice compete against the Torque laden Buell or go home. Torque is what wins road races not horsepower. The inline 4s may be able to match in power/weight ratios but inline 4s can't make up the torque/weight advantage
RedRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off