Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News

Old 03-24-2009, 09:46 AM   #21
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
It's only an 87.6% displacement advantage, thankyouverymuch.

And besides - I thought them thar Bools wit' th' radiator-thingies only made about 145hp, wit' the lighter, free-er-rev'n' Kwacker knockin' on 130.........

http://imgtn4.ask.com/ts?t=754671497...d=23296&ppid=7
Too much whining. This is a brand new series and there are bound to be some teething problems.

The big4 have had it their way for so many years that they don't know how to handle being no longer top dog. Sort of like the Democrats. All that whining and moaning and insults because they aren't guaranteed the podium.

There's no divine edict that requires racing classes be determined by displacement. Personally I'd prefer hp and weight requirements and to hell with engine configuration. Anything to add spice to a series where all the bikes have exactly the same bore and stroke.

As Quado said, "Open your mind..... open your mind... open your mind...."

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-24-2009, 10:03 AM   #22
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Didn't think the 600s were up to 130rwhp?
Old 03-24-2009, 11:44 AM   #23
acecycleins
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
Didn't think the 600s were up to 130rwhp?
If they are running slightly modified rules from last years FX- yes, the Ducati 848, Kawasaki 600rr and Suzuki gsxr are right at 130rwhp. Little under, but mostly. Honda was in the neighborhood and Yamaha was getting there, too. It's really not that difficult to get into that range accoding to Larry Pegram when he ran the 848 last year.
Supersort is different. Completely stock internals would mean that most bikes are in the 108-110 rwhp area. Knowing that, it's probably pretty easy to see the extra 20 ponies out of the Daytona class, huh?
Old 03-24-2009, 11:49 AM   #24
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"It's the only way to keep parody."

They might currently be keeping parody, but I think they are strving for parity.
Old 03-24-2009, 11:58 AM   #25
acecycleins
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
"It's the only way to keep parody."

They might currently be keeping parody, but I think they are strving for parity.
Saw that. Oops. Didn't even notice until someone caught it.
Old 03-24-2009, 12:55 PM   #26
RedRaider
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Too much whining. This is a brand new series and there are bound to be some teething problems.

The big4 have had it their way for so many years that they don't know how to handle being no longer top dog. Sort of like the Democrats. All that whining and moaning and insults because they aren't guaranteed the podium.

There's no divine edict that requires racing classes be determined by displacement. Personally I'd prefer hp and weight requirements and to hell with engine configuration. Anything to add spice to a series where all the bikes have exactly the same bore and stroke.

As Quado said, "Open your mind..... open your mind... open your mind...."
Perhaps you right. You make a great point and you caught me being too much of a traditionalist. However, I liked the close racing that happened in the past in the Supersport class and didn't think it needed tweaking or in this case changing it to a preschool racing class. Three classes would be best I think: Traditional Supersport (600cc inline 4, 675 triple and 848 liquid cooled twins), Superbike (1000 inline 4 and 1200 twin) and an open class where anything goes turbo 600s, rotarys, jet turbines, 2000 cc Harley's, etc. or a strict power to weight ratio class where anything went.
RedRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 03:10 PM   #27
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRaider View Post
When the little guy (Kawasaki) is only 600 cc and the big guy (Buell) is 1125cc (a 525cc advantage or a 88% advantage in displacement) . That's almost twice as much. At least Ducati only gets a 200 cc advantage in AMA and World Super bike. This whole Daytona class is a joke. I don't think Buell will play this up too much in their advertising cause its an embarrassment
Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the newest Kook model. Remember, this version of the Kook personality rides a shiny new Honda, likes horses, and has a girlfriend.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 03:16 PM   #28
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRaider View Post
Perhaps you right. You make a great point and you caught me.
Well, 2 out of 3 ain't bad..........
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 03:56 PM   #29
RedRaider
Banned

Smile 6 posts n out

Girlfriend: Correct
Honda: Incorrect New Red Ninja
Horses: Correct
Yep 2 out of 3 ain't bad Bar
6 posts and I'm banned
My work is done here . Notice the view count went up and up.. when there was someone arguing back.
RedRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 04:45 PM   #30
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Girlfriend: Correct
Or Boyfriend. I've always thought Michael Douglas as kindof a "Sissy Boy".

Quote:
Honda: Incorrect New Red Ninja
It was a CBR1000RR, then a CBR600RR, now it's a Ninja? You hit two more sticks?

Quote:
Horses: Correct
Total Lie. Horses and Motos do not mix. I'd still pay to see the beating all those "Rich, Beautiful, horse-riding Business-Professional Women" gave you when their mounts spooked as you rode up to the Stable. Hell, I'd buy Season Tickets. It'd be like an episode of Jackass.

Quote:
Yep 2 out of 3 ain't bad Bar
Leave BrowningBAR out of this - he's just the messenger, you're the bad news..........

Quote:
6 posts and I'm banned
Not quite yet.

Quote:
My work is done here . Notice the view count went up and up.. when there was someone arguing back.
Hey, Socko - check the "view count" a bit more-often - it actually fluctuates up and down, down and up. Just like Global Warm... I mean, Global Coo.... Erm,.... "Climate Change"............

I still don't understand why you tie your entire existence to MO - if they banned me after this, I'd just give an "F-U" to the site, and move on.

Really.

I feel awful for you, that you have no life.
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...

Last edited by The_AirHawk : 03-24-2009 at 04:48 PM.
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote