Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News

Old 03-24-2009, 06:31 AM   #11
Labrat
Founding Member

I'm just confused as to why Buell is racing their 1100cc liquid cooled V-twin with 150ish HP against 600's while Ducati is racing their 1100cc liquid cooled V-twin with 150ish HP against 1000's. If one manufacturer can handle racing against the Superbikes, why can't the other?
Labrat is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-24-2009, 06:37 AM   #12
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Great point one I'v pondering myself. After viewing the OTT interview perhaps this was DMG's thought all along piss off as many riders as you can so you can get some drama going then everyone will buy tickets? It'll be just like a soap-opera. Funny stuff.

Last edited by MOKE1K : 03-24-2009 at 06:50 AM.
MOKE1K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 07:02 AM   #13
Labrat
Founding Member

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Buell succeed, just don't do it by picking on the little guy. It'd be like watching the Lesnar-Couture fight...the big guy is going to win that most of the time.
Labrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 07:08 AM   #14
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Heh heh

Quote:
Originally Posted by acecycleins View Post
I don't have a problem with the different cc sizes, but if you're going to do it then add weight to the bigger cc bikes. It's the only way to keep parody.
And "parody" it is.
Old 03-24-2009, 07:55 AM   #15
MOKE1K
Registered Member

From Hackings perspective:

If I fought Mike Tyson while he was in hand cuffs and I had a baseball bat, that would be fair, right? As long as we weighed the same. He would be a sore looser if he complained, right? It doesn't matter how it happens as long as we weigh the same and I get to win for the first time, ever. Except when I fight myself, of course. Heheheh
Old 03-24-2009, 07:57 AM   #16
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labrat View Post
Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Buell succeed, just don't do it by picking on the little guy. It'd be like watching the Lesnar-Couture fight...the big guy is going to win that most of the time.
This is the only way they CAN succeed.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:12 AM   #17
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labrat View Post
Since when is Kawasaki the "little guy"?
Old 03-24-2009, 08:31 AM   #18
RedRaider
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Since when is Kawasaki the "little guy"?
When the little guy (Kawasaki) is only 600 cc and the big guy (Buell) is 1125cc (a 525cc advantage or a 88% advantage in displacement) . That's almost twice as much. At least Ducati only gets a 200 cc advantage in AMA and World Super bike. This whole Daytona class is a joke. I don't think Buell will play this up too much in their advertising cause its an embarrassment
RedRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 08:51 AM   #19
acecycleins
Founding Member

Here's the deal. The 4 cyl 600s are about 360lbs and can achieve about 130rwhp with regularity. If the heavier Buell is putting about the same rwhp to the ground or slightly more- yet, weighs more then the power to weight (less the rider) is virtually the same. Really, I'm suprised that the 1125 was allowed. I thought the intent was to get the XB into the race. Air-cooled 1200 cc bikes vs water-cooled 3 & 4 cylinder are what we saw last year in FX. That seems a bit "fair-er". I guess with the KTM, BMW, Aprilia and Ducati (not so much this year for this class) trying to angle into the starting grid DMG decided that the 1125 should be as elegible as any other twin.
Me- I'd rather see the old FX rules with the new Daytona name. Let them build 600 cc Superbikes and have at it. The Ducati 848 was a good FX bike. The Triumph Daytona 675 is a great bike, too. They just need a real team. Put water-cooled 600 fours, 675 triples, 1000 cc twins and air-cooled 1200-1340 out there add weight to the twins & triples - and we're off to the races. Allowing the water-cooled 1100-1200 bikes to compete against 600s without adding weight to the twins is not a competitive race scheme.
Last thing we need is for the Hacker to race an eniter season pissed off.
Old 03-24-2009, 09:04 AM   #20
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRaider View Post
When the little guy (Kawasaki) is only 600 cc and the big guy (Buell) is 1125cc (a 525cc advantage or a 88% advantage in displacement) . That's almost twice as much. At least Ducati only gets a 200 cc advantage in AMA and World Super bike. This whole Daytona class is a joke. I don't think Buell will play this up too much in their advertising cause its an embarrassment
It's only an 87.6% displacement advantage, thankyouverymuch.

And besides - I thought them thar Bools wit' th' radiator-thingies only made about 145hp, wit' the lighter, free-er-rev'n' Kwacker knockin' on 130.........

http://imgtn4.ask.com/ts?t=754671497...d=23296&ppid=7
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...

Last edited by The_AirHawk : 03-24-2009 at 09:08 AM.
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote