Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News

Old 03-20-2009, 09:52 AM   #1
Administrator
Administrator

Default AMA-SBK: Fontana preview

Original Article:
AMA-SBK: Fontana preview

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article AMA-SBK: Fontana preview in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.
Administrator is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-22-2009, 06:14 AM   #2
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Hopefully we will see some new faces on the box. Like Tommy Hayden the eldest of the Haydens!

Last edited by MOKE1K : 03-22-2009 at 07:12 AM.
MOKE1K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 07:17 AM   #3
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Opps looks like it didnt turn out to good for Larry this time, hopefully he's alright and unhurt. And hey, his traction control was working? Gosh wonder why it wasnt able to keep him from highsiding?
Old 03-22-2009, 07:31 AM   #4
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

That picture in and of itself does NOT indicate what happened. Did you watch the race? Can you explain what happened? If you can, please enlighten us.

Is it possible that his crash was the result of something someone else did? I didn't see the race, so I don't know. Perhaps he had to overcorrect to prevent a collision, resulting in the photo.

And, yes, that proves my point - that even the best riders in the world make mistakes. Because pro riders do, then even more so noobs need these safety devices, if they are going to buy a race bike (which we all agree they shouldn't). Thanks for the evidence! You're finally starting to see the light.
Old 03-22-2009, 09:10 AM   #5
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Its funny how you get pulled in so easily, like a moth to the flame. Is that why they call you Pull-y? Besides its a joke? HELLO?

Re-read past post cause the argument was not that pro riders make mistakes. It was why the componet is put there and for who? Nothing from your minimal experience will ever make me agree with you, but keep making yourself sound intelligent,...to you!

I f you say pro riders make more mistakes then new riders your REALLY LOST, why dont your measure each in both enviornments then give us your findings. Again someone else to judge something they have only watched on t.v.? Come on Pully go take a track day, please! Then maybe we can talk!
Old 03-22-2009, 09:54 AM   #6
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Default Bad logic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
Re-read past post cause the argument was not that pro riders make mistakes. It was why the componet is put there and for who? Nothing from your minimal experience will ever make me agree with you, but keep making yourself sound intelligent,...to you!
Are you suggesting that only people who have raced can make informed decisions? You've never competed in the Olympics. Correct? Yet, I have no doubt that you would be able to tell the difference between a good gymnastics routine and a bad one, correct? Or a good dive and a bad one? How are you able to do this?

Quote:
I f you say pro riders make more mistakes then new riders your REALLY LOST,
I didn't say that. Please read my post.

Quote:
why dont your measure each in both enviornments then give us your findings. Again someone else to judge something they have only watched on t.v.? Come on Pully go take a track day, please! Then maybe we can talk!
I'd love to go to a track day. It'd be cool to see you there, too! No doubt, you'd be faster than me because of your vast experience. I was going to go to the Buell track day over in New Jersey, but you needed a full suit. I can't justify the cost of a racing suit for one track day, or several track days for that matter. I priced them online, but they don't make stock suits for lanky dudes like myself. Custom Vansons were over $1500.

What level of racing did you get to? If you're so good, how come you're not out there on the AMA circuit racing Pegram? Did you ever get a factory ride? Do you think you could take Pegram... or any other pro rider? Just asking.
Old 03-22-2009, 12:51 PM   #7
acecycleins
Founding Member

Moke- using Larry as you arguement is silly. TC works. However, there's only so much TC can do when the tires are cold. If Larry had heat then the LIKELIHOOD of lost of traction is significantly reduced. Can a rider accomplish the same attributes as TC by wrist action? I think that the way bikes are produced for racing these days the answer is no. It is significantly harder to keep traction to the ground with the current crop of racing machines. TC wasn't designed to aid the rider as much as the bike itself. Riders may rely on it, but engineers had lurking reasons for TC. Say for example- tire management. Say- "dialable" chasis flex. Say- Suspension set up. There are probably more, but I'm busy doing homework with my kid.
You and Dr arguing overt TC is absolutely silly. If it didn't work the way engineers thought it would then the practice would stop. It's not stopped- it's advanced. TC is here to stay. It works. It's saved rider ass. It's not going away. Get over it.
Do that and I won't dog Mat for the rest of the year. I'll leave that up to LR. But Mat is in it for the $$$ not for the glory of being the world best. I'm not sayin..... I'm just sayin....
Old 03-22-2009, 05:30 PM   #8
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

This was no argument it was a joke to see if Pully would react,....
Old 03-22-2009, 05:56 PM   #9
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Quote:
This was no argument it was a joke to see if Pully would react
You know, Moke. When people say they are "just kidding", they really mean what they say. Just kidding.
Old 03-22-2009, 06:09 PM   #10
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

I'm always just kidding Pulley. And I mean it too!