Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News

Old 03-14-2009, 10:28 PM   #1
Administrator
Administrator

Default The MotoClub launches new purchasing concept

Original Article:
The MotoClub launches new purchasing concept

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article The MotoClub launches new purchasing concept in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

Last edited by administrator : 03-14-2009 at 11:36 PM.
Administrator is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-15-2009, 12:21 AM   #2
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
The MotoClub launches new purchasing concept

The MotoClub offers three levels of membership: Basic, Gold and Platinum. All levels of membership provide the same purchasing savings with no retail mark-up pricing. With the MotoClub Platinum level membership, the company says that all products are available without any annual spending limits or restrictions on aftermarket or OEM product purchases. Membership pricing starts at $179 per year.
I probably didn't average 79 clams a year on moto-gear over the last two decades, let-alone 179..............
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 04:42 AM   #3
mugwump58
Registered Member

I buy stuff. But I'm trying to buy local, keep the brick and mortar store open. Anybody got any coffee made?
Old 03-15-2009, 06:49 AM   #4
seruzawa
The Toad

First off there's a front page that makes all sorts of claims. Then they want you to register with a guest membership so you can compare prices. Then to get the guest membership they want you to give them your name, address, etc so they can sell this data to spamming firms, telemarketers and junk mail purveyors. No thanks.

We need financial genius Klazy Ken to join and give us the real skinny.
Old 03-15-2009, 11:48 AM   #5
pplassm
Founding Member

Can't see the prices before joining. Scam.
Old 03-15-2009, 02:10 PM   #6
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Klazy Ken Seminar attendess get special buying card good for deep, deep discount all major powasport deala.

Basic: you get hug.
Gold: you get hug and kiss.
Platinum: tee hee hee. Klazy Ken no say what you get Platinum, dis family site!
Old 03-15-2009, 07:34 PM   #7
pplassm
Founding Member

Really.

Wife and I went to one of those "Buying Club" places for home improvement stuff. Sat through the presentation. During the Q&A session at the end, I asked, "So, you want me to pay you before I can see exactly what benefit you are offering? Is that true?".

Wife and I stood up and walked out, leaving room of stunned idiots.

Look, maybe these places really are worth the $, but if they're not going to be up front, screw'em. What are they hiding?
Old 04-18-2009, 02:36 PM   #8
sage wilkinson
Registered Member

Hello to all, I found this site via Google, staying on top of the bad press and mis conceptions has turned into a full time job to say the least!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pplassm View Post
Can't see the prices before joining. Scam.
The site is not a scam, we have a lot of reasons to for the look & feel, main reason being to not piss off the whole USA with low pricing and not to violate MAP guidelines.

The guest pass is the only method we have of discussing your member price on items, your info is not sold or used for spam farms. When you submit a guest pass your parts are looked up and you are called back with your pricing, we were doing email replies but some of our suppliers felt it was an automated response (which violated MAP) so we went to an old fashion phone call.

Feel free to ask any questions, I'm 100% open - though I might have to PM some answers back because the motoclub concept has stirred up quite the storm.

Thanks - Sage
sage wilkinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 08:04 PM   #9
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sage wilkinson View Post
we have a lot of reasons to for the look & feel, main reason being to not piss off the whole USA with low pricing and not to violate MAP guidelines.
Sorry "Sage", but I have to call Bullshyte. If you can sell a supposed $10 item to a "select group of people" for $6 and make a profit, it would stand to reason if you sold MORE of them to EVERYONE for that $6, you would make an even GREATER profit.

There's a Big Box store, based in Bentonville, AR that has made quite the tidy sum doing just that. You may have heard of them............
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 08:27 PM   #10
sage wilkinson
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
Sorry "Sage", but I have to call Bullshyte. If you can sell a supposed $10 item to a "select group of people" for $6 and make a profit, it would stand to reason if you sold MORE of them to EVERYONE for that $6, you would make an even GREATER profit.

There's a Big Box store, based in Bentonville, AR that has made quite the tidy sum doing just that. You may have heard of them............
Where's the BS?

If I sign up 10,000 members at $299.99 per year in membership fee's thats $2,990,000 per year in profit from renewing memberships, that would allow me to sell that $10 part for what ever I want.

If those 10,000 members cap out their gold membership at $4,500 in purchases that's $45,000,000 in parts sales, even if the parts were sold at my actual cost the 3.59% handling fee would generate $1,615,500 in profit from the parts.

If my parts sales were $45 million per year do you think I would get any discounts below dealer cost?

If you still call BS then call me Monday and I can go over any other questions you may have, the # is on the site.

BTW - here's a link to a local (to us) forum where MCW has been beat to death from both sides and other local shops - forum
sage wilkinson is offline   Reply With Quote