Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News

Old 03-11-2009, 11:17 AM   #41
acecycleins
Founding Member

If they dumped the "rider" part of the rule the remaining sections will still apply from what I undertand. I believe that the point is to make sure that the power to weight when calculated after the race are within a certain horsepower limit. That limit I believe is 135-140rwhp. The wheels are significant because they are stock equipment on Ducatis and will have to be on the "available" parts list for Buell. ANYTHING that has stipulations still have to follow the "availability" rules. It's just a matter of how much time was given in the stipulations. There must be a timeline for Buell to follow here. That goes for the suspension, too. The internals will be available to ANYONE willing to pay for them. Problem with the Buell was that no one developed the parts fast enough for the season to get them to market. Thus, Buell was given a bye until the supplier can make the parts available to the masses.

Dr Sprocket- All motorcycles racing have to have two things done to be homogolated: 1- they must meet a minimum build number (mostly I think that number is over 1000 now, but it used to be as low as 100). 2- Every OEM part must be mapped and logged then the "approved" replacement part must be documented in order to comply. Meaning- they send 1 stock bike from every manufacturer to the race sanctioning body. After it is determined that all parts are stock and they meet the "build" number then you have a compliant bike.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-11-2009, 08:10 PM   #42
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by acecycleins View Post
Dr Sprocket- All motorcycles racing have to have two things done to be homogolated: 1- they must meet a minimum build number (mostly I think that number is over 1000 now, but it used to be as low as 100). 2- Every OEM part must be mapped and logged then the "approved" replacement part must be documented in order to comply. Meaning- they send 1 stock bike from every manufacturer to the race sanctioning body. After it is determined that all parts are stock and they meet the "build" number then you have a compliant bike.
Thanks, Acecycleins! Good information. I always knew you were a good guy.
Old 03-12-2009, 07:08 AM   #43
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Feel the love,....
Old 03-12-2009, 07:35 AM   #44
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
Feel the love,....

I think you are a good guy MOKE, no matter what Pulley says about you. I'm not sure that is a good thing though!
Old 03-12-2009, 07:53 AM   #45
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Let'em talk, no hard feelings. How was Daytona? And wheres all the pics?
Old 03-12-2009, 08:25 AM   #46
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
Let'em talk, no hard feelings. How was Daytona? And wheres all the pics?
Apparently longride's camera spent most of the week facing the ground or the sky. Either that or it got traded for a pair of pink armchaps.

Buzglyd didn't have time to take pictures either. He was kept too busy selling and installing fake road grime and bug hits at the mega trailer park 50 miles to the north.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:38 AM   #47
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Ahhhh, shaddap ya bum! Give me a chance and I will post up some pics of those cool bobbers that Fonz and Duke couldn't find. The rest of the pics for of the gutter for some reason.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:29 AM   #48
MOKE1K
Registered Member

N I C E! Cant wait to see em!