Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle News (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-news/)
-   -   Motorcycle.com launches two new forums (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-news/10695-motorcycle-com-launches-two-new-forums.html)

Administrator 02-12-2009 01:12 PM

Motorcycle.com launches two new forums

Original Article:
Motorcycle.com launches two new forums

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article Motorcycle.com launches two new forums in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

SmokeU 02-12-2009 01:30 PM

Why?

Too short...

pushrod 02-12-2009 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokeU (Post 204268)
Why?

Too short...

I'm with you!

This would fall under the category of many custom bikes: "Just 'cause you can doesn't mean you should!'

The Beemer, maybe. But what are the seven guys that buy (or win) a Fury going to talk about?

Dr_Sprocket 02-12-2009 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pushrod (Post 204273)
I'm with you!

This would fall under the category of many custom bikes: "Just 'cause you can doesn't mean you should!'

The Beemer, maybe. But what are the seven guys that buy (or win) a Fury going to talk about?

I think that new Beemer is a sharp looking bike. If I were in the market for a superbike, I would definitely consider it based on looks alone. I might have to poke me head in on that site once it gets up and running.

longride 02-12-2009 02:19 PM

So Pulley, you would put the Beemer at the top of the list of bikes you will never buy?

Dr_Sprocket 02-12-2009 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 204277)
So Pulley, you would put the Beemer at the top of the list of bikes you will never buy?

Nope. Top of my list of bikes I would never buy is the Kawasaki Versys (at least not the current iteration). I don't care how practical it is, it's just plain fugly.

Problem is there are very few sportbikes that fit my 36" legs comfortably. Out of today's crop of sportbikes, only the Kawi ZX-14 and Buell 1125 fit reasonably well. I'd like to get a sportbike before I get old. I'm not sure if this will ever happen.

12er 02-12-2009 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket (Post 204283)
Nope. Top of my list of bikes I would never buy is the Kawasaki Versys (at least not the current iteration). I don't care how practical it is, it's just plain fugly.

Problem is there are very few sportbikes that fit my 36" legs comfortably. Out of today's crop of sportbikes, only the Kawi ZX-14 and Buell 1125 fit reasonably well. I'd like to get a sportbike before I get old. I'm not sure if this will ever happen.

I feel your pain... The versys is on the top of my would like to buy list, its a little tight but I actually don't mind the looks at all. When is the tiger cub coming out? come on Triumph stuff that 675 into a Tiger.

Dr_Sprocket 02-12-2009 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12er (Post 204286)
I feel your pain... The versys is on the top of my would like to buy list, its a little tight but I actually don't mind the looks at all. When is the tiger cub coming out? come on Triumph stuff that 675 into a Tiger.

When I was looking for my current bike, I narrowed the list down to three bikes: the Triumph Tiger, Buell Ulysses, and Ducati Multistrada. Two factors made the decision easy - fit and maintenance. The Buell just fit better, and the hydraulic valves and local dealership clinched the decision. The nearest Ducati dealership is 2.5 hrs away, Triumph is 1.25 hrs away, H-D/Buell is 0.5 hrs away.

I still dream at night about the Ducati 1098/848.

Buzglyd 02-12-2009 03:24 PM

Maybe the Fury and Rune forums could be combined so each guy has someone to talk to.

newagetwotone 02-12-2009 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12er (Post 204286)

Personally i wish they'd put it in the sprint.... I really love the front end of the sprint...